Notices

Day 9 and still going

Old 10-07-2010, 05:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Day 9 and still going

Made it to day 9..yay!!

Yesterday was tough..but Mr. Duggy came home yesterday and we went shopping and had a lovely dinner out. By the time evening comes I have zero desire to drink..damn the daytime! lol

Slept like a rock, got up, cleaned, did laundry and now i'm doing some work..coffee is brewed and fresh bagels are ready to be toasted..

Anyone wanna come for breakfast?! lol

I'm not looking forward to ohh..about 10:30-11..thats when it hits..so i'll be here..amped up on too much caffeiene and I bought some Godiva last night...so that will help too lol

Again, thanks to all of you..you keep me sane, make me laugh and make me feel accepted...I guess i've not felt like that in a long time..and I kinda like it

xo
Old 10-07-2010, 06:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
HFA

Like you have heard a thousand times, it does get easier. I remember my first 10 or so days. Moved so very slowly. After that time seemed to return to normal speed. Remember, just dont drink today. Worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

Day 102
Old 10-07-2010, 06:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Drunk in Recovery

Congratulations Duggy! The sleeping like a rock sounds especially fabulous.

I've lost count of what day I'm on -- 7 or 8? -- which is probably a good sign!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep it up Duggy Remember one day at time. Good call on the Godiva. I used to eat a lot of candy when I first quit drinking. Alcohol converts to sugar in the body and when we quite drinking our bodies can crave the sugar that it is no longer getting from the alcohol.

A quote from the Big Book on page 133.

"One of the many doctors who had the opportunity of reading this book in manuscript form told us that the use of sweets was often helpful, of course depending upon a doctor's advice. He thought all alcoholics should constantly have chocolate available for quick energy at times of fatigue. he added that occasionally in the night a vague craving arose which would be satisfied by candy. Many of us have noticed a tendency to eat sweets and have found this practice beneficial."

Best wishes
Old 10-07-2010, 06:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep up the good fight Duggy! and keep those Godivas close! I've stated many times on her chocolate "saved me" in those first months, just wish I had added exercise at the time too.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good job Duggy!!!

Funny I don't crave alcohol until late afternoon/evening...never in the mornings.

Ok i will help you through your days...you help me through my nights LOL
Old 10-07-2010, 07:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Carrie, DEAL! lol

it's 10:38 and so far so good..went out and did some mowing..its gorgeous out today..

my early day drinking is due to me being alone and hubby working..i was an alone drinker lol

What are you doing today? tonight?

Just got another season of Northern Exposure from Netflix this morning..one of my fav shows..so tonight will be alaska! lol
Old 10-07-2010, 07:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks, Jam!!! i usually don't eat chocolate but i'm craving it...i'm sure its related to the lack of alcohol ingestion lol
Old 10-07-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Duggy
Once I got the booze out of my system and the physical urges subsided I used to think to myself when I was watching tv or on the computer, all the things I did drunk while alone, what was the point? When you are sober and really think about it why do you need to be high to watch Grey's Anatomy alone. Now I am grateful that I don't have to drink all the time to avoid withdrawals.
SH
Old 10-07-2010, 08:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Bob

Hi Duggy,

Day 9, that is awesome!!!

Like you, I was also an alone drinker, at least most of the time. (Its hard to find a friend who wants to get drunk on a nightly basis!)

I've found that my energy level has increased now that I'm not drinking the night away by myself. Its easier to forget about drinking if I keep myself busy.

Keep it up... you've almost hit double digits!!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thank you my dear friends!!!

it's 11:53 and i'm starting to get really anxious...I went outside for a bit..did some things..came on and put supper in the crock pot and had coffee but I cant shake this anxious feeling...heart racing..racing thoughts and just wanting a glass of wine..I hate it..hate hate hate it.

i might just take a nap..I took some Valerian..that usually helps to soothe my nerves just a bit..
Old 10-07-2010, 09:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sweet duggy, can you get out and take a drive? Sometimes being grateful that you are legally allowed to drive will make you happy
Old 10-07-2010, 09:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

A nap if you can, and if not some cardio exercise can help with the cravings, the agitation and anxiety...even just 20-30 mins will greatly improve your mood and mind.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I can..but actually i'm waiting for someone to pick some things up..business wise..my workday from home is like being in an office..busy but slow at times..

hopefully they show up soon...being around other people always helps

thanks!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm here for ya...you are doing great chicky!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 02:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hang in there Duggy! I'm on day 10 and its a little better than day 9!
Old 10-07-2010, 02:14 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Great work, Duggy and BanjoBob! Keep it up. Life without that alcohol hanging over us can be wonderful.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Great work friends. The road narrows in a positive direction with each passing day.

Keep it up!