Notices

Heading to the Big House

Old 10-07-2010, 08:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Bob

Snarf,

I'm certain that sharing your experience with the folks in jail will have a positive effect on them, as your experience has done with me this morning. I spent the past hour or so reading thru all of your posts you have made on SR.

I'm a newbie, on my 5th day of sobriety, and while it has been going quite well, I'm stressing out a lot about doing things like hanging with friends, going to baseball/football games, etc. etc.

You made so many good points in sharing your experiences of going out. Even your drink of choice, red bull... that is something I do like from time to time, and it ensures I won't be yawning before midnight! And making sure I have my own car in case I need to exit early, and on top of that, I probably shouldn't offer to drive others just in case they want to stay until closing time.

I also fully relate with your comment about how you used to be the first one ordering rounds of drinks and shots for everybody, to try and ensure that everybody there was as drunk as you.

The money I have spent over the years is just staggering (see above about buying rounds!). It will be nice to wake up the next morning with money in my pocket and without a huge credit card charge that I totally forgot about.

Thanks for all that you've shared, you have really inspired me,
Bob
Old 10-07-2010, 09:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Snarf!

I'm right behind you buddy. I'm meeting next week with the prosecutors and my lawyer and I'll know my sentence for dui #2 as well.

I hope I only get 5 days like you

...and it sucks that we did this, but sobriety takes what it takes and I know I'm extremely grateful I found it, regardless of what it took.

ATL in the house!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It will be ok; better than ok... you won't have to worry about it when its over. Sending you warm wishes. I have a public intox charge for which I am going to have to turn myself in. You're right, no getting out of doing it... bummer for us, but we'll survive and be stronger in our sobriety for it!

Ditto KJell

Last edited by Fee11; 10-07-2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: ...
Old 10-07-2010, 10:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SixStringZen View Post
6 months sober and 5 days in jail beats the HELL out of the other way around! Hang if there, buddy....let it further your resolve...
I couldn't have said it better myself. Good luck
Old 10-07-2010, 10:31 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Snarf, Great attitude about going to the clink. Keep it up!!!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Tryin Hard To Think Clear

Good luck, Snarf. The week will fly by, then you will be able to truly appreciate your freedom clean and sober!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hugs, snarf,

I admire your attitude throughout this ordeal. If life were perfectly "fair" I could very well have been in your shower clogs, as could most of us.

You will come through this and be just fine.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Originally Posted by Juneof44 View Post
Good luck, Snarf. The week will fly by, then you will be able to truly appreciate your freedom clean and sober!
Thanks, I think you're right about that. It's been difficult lately to enjoy freedom, or life in general, with my trial and impending incarceration hanging over me all this time. Once I'm out of jail on Tuesday, it'll be behind me and I think I'll be able to put 1 foot in front of the other and keep moving forward in life. Still have to do the community service and DUI school and all that, but I'm not worried about all that stuff. The jail sentence is what I've been dreading. But I'm thankful to finally just get it over with. And they told me j can take cigarettes and books! Camel Lights and Big Boom wisdom to share with my fellow inmates.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Could be worse you could be someone i know in the rooms...he got 2 and a half years...he started a meeting up in the prison and still doing fine...you will be fine mate:-)
Old 10-07-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

You know, I was just thinking that I have only another 3 hours of freedom. Then, back to your point, June, I realized that I haven't had any freedom at all. These last weeks, and especially the past few days, have been a living Hell as I await my incarceration. Yes, I have tools to keep me strong and push through it, but it's been tough. But this will be a relief for me. I'm getting it over with. I'll come out on the other side, and it will be over. I'll no longer have this feeling of impending doom, of some huge anvil hanging over my head.

Thanks again for your support, everyone. I'll love you all and you'll give me strength these next 5 days.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:08 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Here I go, family. In the car en route to the jail. Thank you all for being the wonderful people you are. I'll be thinking about you these next 5 days. Everybody be safe and know that you mean the world to me.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:09 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

All The Best man.