SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/210475-day-7-a.html)

BiggestScrewUp 10-03-2010 06:22 AM

Day 7

Anyone with me?

Dealing with what I hve done to make me sober is becoming harder. I'd normally be at the bottom of several bottles by now! Uurggh I hate this.

Bobby 10-03-2010 06:29 AM

That's ok guy hate it all you want but just think about where you were 7 days ago then say ask yourself >>>> do I want to go back there again <<<<

BiggestScrewUp 10-03-2010 06:36 AM

Ya see... that's what I've been asking myself. I don't but tbh my life wasnt that bad till last weekend when I royally screwed up. Again. Just depressed and regretting ****.

Bobby 10-03-2010 06:44 AM

Well you didn't screwup as of yet and you got 7 days because of it ... try not to be so hard on yourself and it's ok to be feeling the way you are now , but in time as long as you stay sober those feelings your having will start to fade away .. i been there and i knowww it's not easy for you right now but just keep hanging in there and things will get better .. think about this:

Just for today, I will try to live through this day only,
and not tackle my whole life problem
at once. I can do something for twelve hours
that would appall me if I felt that I had to
keep it up for a lifetime.

BiggestScrewUp 10-03-2010 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bobby (Post 2727185)
Just for today, I will try to live through this day only,
and not tackle my whole life problem
at once. I can do something for twelve hours
that would appall me if I felt that I had to
keep it up for a lifetime.

Great quote. Thanks. I'm just gonna push through!

StuartW 10-03-2010 06:54 AM

Day 6 here. Popped into the supermarket to pick up some bits and bobs and it suddenly struck me after all these years just how much booze there is everywhere! They had what looked like a very good example of my favourite wine on offer, and I found myself thinking "I'll just see how much...". Came to my senses and walked on.

Keep up the good work and don't let your guard down!

BiggestScrewUp 10-03-2010 06:57 AM

Well done stu! I've noticed that too. Now that I don't want any, I realise how much the shelves and supermarkets are packed with the ****!

Bobby 10-03-2010 07:24 AM

funny how we never took notice to something when we were drinking ( except when we were out of booze ) then when we stopped it was like .. wowww i never noticed that before lol

Kmber2010 10-03-2010 09:41 AM

Keep it going BSU...you are doing it and no matter what ups/downs you are dealing with....you can handle anything sober. I know I did. I wasn't great at first but each day I get better and better.

Way to go!!

Dee74 10-03-2010 01:59 PM

You're a week away from last weekend BSU...that's a good thing...keep going :c014:

Congratulations :)
D