Notices

out of the flippen blue

Old 10-02-2010, 02:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

out of the flippen blue

Driving home from being out of town and all I am thinking about is got to get home and have a beer. What the heck is it? because it is sat night or habit I don't know but would like that feeling to hit the road. I have 3 hours before home hope its goes away. OOPS texting and driving NO NO in r state don't tell LOL
Old 10-02-2010, 03:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Alcoholics think about drinking FTW...

Just stay focused on the driving for now, don't stop at a store, and eat something when you get home if you're hungry.

Get back on here if you need support...but don't text and drive now...be safe!
D
Old 10-02-2010, 03:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

At one of my earliest AA meetings someone handed me an invitation to a Halloween party. The first thing I thought was, "wonder if they'll have a keg there....". Doh!

I'm not the sharpest tool in the box.....
Old 10-02-2010, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

don't text and drive now...be safe!
Yes, please just drive. Communicate when you get home, drive now.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

You can beat the urge...but you should make your car a NO PHONE ZONE...don't you watch Oprah?? Lol.

Really, I think those thoughts are within us all to some degree. Let them come in and go out of your mind and try to think about something else. Eat healthy foods...that is really helping me with all sorts of recovery issues.

D.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree strongly with No Phone while Driving!

I found that it helped me to shake up my routine. Doing different things or driving a different route, anything like that helps to break the habit of obsessive thinking.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Fighty,
Hope you made it. I was struggling a bit this evening too. Did go to a meeting but it was at 6pm and was shite! I was tempted to stand up and say "would you shut the f*&$ up and leave someone else talk!" i can't stand people who have 30 yrs sobriety and spend 15mins talking when they could say it in 2 mins! The secretaries are too polite to call "time". I would love to introduce a buzzer to shut people up.
Anyway I was going to call to a friend but we had to cancel. I went home and cooked some pasta. Lots of chopping and stirring and enough for about 10 people as usual! It was delicious though and I didn't drink. Day 12!!!!! I should have called my sponsor. Poor girl, I just kinda nominated her without asking! Actually she is a godsend and we just hit it off really well and I wouldn't be this far without her. How can you possibly thank someone for that?
Back to you, absolutely Saturday would be a trigger and you are probably off Sunday so you would be ripe for a slip! Driving home, looking forward to relaxing with a nice.......Tea!
Hugs to you.