Notices

Day 6!

Old 10-02-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6!

Feeling good.

Still get monumental moments of utter depression and paranoia. Paranoia is the worst I think. I keep thinking I might be capable of something really bad. Am I going insane?
Old 10-02-2010, 06:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Smile

oops sorry i got to get use to this forum :-)
Old 10-02-2010, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile

Naaa your not going insane .. maybe your just where your suppose to be right now .. you'll be ok .. just keep hanging in there :-)
Old 10-02-2010, 02:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's pretty common to be frightened BSU. Keep active, get as much sun as you can, and try and forget about forever...stay focused on not drinking today. It's an achievable goal

If things don't get better depression wise by next week tho you might want to think about see a Dr.

D
Old 10-02-2010, 08:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks man. My mind keeps racing. Finding it hard to not think about things that I don't want to think about!

I think I might be bipolar. I've had my suspicions for a while and now they're really starting to hot up!

Into day 7 now!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you suspect that, I'd get checked out BSU...better to know for sure, right?

D
Old 10-02-2010, 08:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yeah, give yourself a week or two and if still feeling really depressed and paranoid, see your doctor. Best to be healthy and safe.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No pity. No remorse. No fear

Hey BSU, see a doc if it keeps up but also be aware of PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome):

Emotional overreaction or numbness

People with emotional problems in early sobriety tend to over-react. When this overreaction puts more stress on our nervous systems than we can handle, we react by “shutting down” our emotions. We become emotionally numb, unable to feel anything. We may swing from one mood to another. These mood swings may baffle us, seeming to come without any reason, and may even be misdiagnosed as bipolar disorder. If we have developed insulin resistance or diabetes as a result of our drugs and drinking, this can become extreme.

Link to full article: Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) — Why we don’t get better immediately) Digital Dharma
Old 10-03-2010, 03:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you are here BSU. Way to go and stay strong. I found early sobriety to be a very confusing time all around. I thought I was going insane the way I was up and down and going from utopia to hell in the same hour. For me.....I had support and it was nothing nothing more then my body adjusting to sobriety.

What I do urge you to do is to stay on top of your emotions. You mention being capable of doing something really bad. I am not sure what thoughts you have. What I think is the best thing is to get an appt ASAP with your dr. if you are concerned. You know yourself better then anyone.

I am a firm believer in getting help and I am glad in many ways I did. My husband also reached out and got help when he had some not ok thoughts. It is best to be on the safe side my friend.

Thinking of you and keep it going We are here for you.