Notices

Se7en's Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 09:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Se7en's Thread

Sorry folks - we hit a bit of a bump in the road in carving out a new thread - the best I can offer is this recap.

My apologies

so..

Sev7en said:

How do i find an AA meeting near me? I was trying to Google it but no luck so far.
Oh ...and what do you do if you don't have any insurance to go to a rehab-therapy and the whole nine yards ? What do you do when you have kids and no one to help/leave them with?
(not sure if i'm posting it in the right spot,sorry)

Dee said:

Hi Se7en
Welcome to SR

If you type in your state and AA into Google, you should be able to narrow it down from there.

I don't know anything about rehabs tho. Have you spoken with your doctor?

I know you'll find a lot of support here
D

Lexie said:

Hi, Se7ven,

It's very do-able to get sober and stay sober without rehab. Plenty of people do just fine with AA, working the Steps with a sponsor.

Go to the AA site, and you should be able to find a phone number for the Intergroup near you. If you aren't in the US or Canada, there is a directory for other countries. In addition, there is usually a phone number for AA in the phone book. Once you go to your first meeting, there are usually local meeting lists available.

then se7en replied

I just can't afford a doctor.
It's like you want to adopt a pet(the pet that will be killed if it's not adopted) You know that you will be a great owner, but you can't get the pet because you have no money(and you don"t know how to use the goggle bar to find the free pets for adaption : )

Last edited by Dee74; 10-01-2010 at 11:57 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 10-01-2010, 10:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ok, but somehow i don't find it useful.I can post links and inspirational thoughts all day long but when it really comes down to it -- i have to do everything on my own. I am just tired of dealing with ..hm.. a lot of things. And a lot of thoughts))
i guess if i stick around long enough i will make friends and ppl will see who i am.thank you love will save the world-i now it.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

ok...all caught up
thanks for your patience guys

D
Old 10-01-2010, 11:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

My apologies for the confusion....Thanks Dee
for sorting out my mistake.....

Se7en.......... Welcome

Good to see a new member
Old 10-02-2010, 02:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome 7! Glad you are here and sharing. That for me was the beginning of something great - sobriety.

Look, I didn't have much $$$ or access to much where I am but I can assure you....there is so much support out there and you can do this.

Keep reading....and stick around. Looking forward to your journey.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome and Well Done for quitting the Demon Drink. I always feel if I can do it then anyone can. Drink was a big part of my life which brought Depression and a lot of tears with it.

This new life of mine is Fantastic, I wish I had realised earlier how good it could be!
Old 10-02-2010, 03:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((Se7en)))))

Welcome to Sober Recovery. You really have found a great place!!!!! Lots of Sober folks here with lots and lots of Experience, Strength and Hope (ES&H) and willing to share the same.

If you will post where in the South Seas you are, we can pinpoint meetings in your area and post them for you to check out.

In the meantime, Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing as we do care very much!

Love and hugs,