Notices

day 5...

Old 10-01-2010, 02:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 5...

depression sets in....
Old 10-01-2010, 03:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i think i had a nightmare that i downed a few cans last night...

i know i couldnt have. theres no booze in the house

wierd!
Old 10-01-2010, 03:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, I've lso found that I'm really depressed when I wake up yet fairly normal (well at least a lot les depressed) when I'm about to go to sleep. Anyone else the same?
Old 10-01-2010, 03:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smile

I've been sober for quite a few years and i still get them from time to time .. and when i wake up and see that i'm still in my own bed and no stranger beside me i say woww thank God :-) Congratulations on day 5
Old 10-01-2010, 06:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 5 for me too now. Just keep going strong and it will get better and better! I found a home AA group Wednesday night and I've been busy with homework and getting my classes set for next semester and things are looking up! I let my friend convince me to take ballroom dancing with him (he's competition level). Should be fun!

If you're feeling down call a friend, take a walk, do some exercise or yoga, do a favorite hobby. My friend was playing video games with me last night and asked if I cared if he had a beer while we played. I didn't and didn't even have a craving. The thought of it actually made me feel sick and wrong. But I'm an alcoholic and he isn't, but it's nice to see that keeping positive has allowed me so much already!

One day at a time!
Old 10-01-2010, 07:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tryin Hard To Think Clear

day 5 here too. starting to feel a lot better. depression is real, and a qualified physician can probably help...never hurts to try. we are all here with you though...I really feel what you are going through...
Old 10-01-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just hit Day 5 today, and felt GREAT when I woke up! Things starting to get better.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Me Too!

Day 5 here, too! Be kind to yourself. This is painful and it is depressing. People here care about how you do. Remember, we're just 'babies' compared to those who have months and months, or years and years of sobriety. It's great that you are reaching out and sharing...isn't that what 'keep coming back' means?

One moment, one minute, one hour at a time. We can do it!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Phormer Drunk since AVRT

day 5 here too...i get it about the depression...i had to ask myself if alcohol ever really relieved the depression and my answer was "yes" for a couple of hours (maybe) and then the true depression would kick in. The depression that comes from drinking. When I was sober and realized that I had drank again...(like the morning after)THAT was the worst depression I experienced. Everything else seems manageable compared to that. Stay strong. Keep posting and reading.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm depressed about things that arent even related to alcohol. I think that's the worst thing. I'm so depressed about the stuff I've done that screwed up in the past few days that I can't help but feel crap. That makes me want to drink too.

Why can't I just forget everything!?
Old 10-01-2010, 01:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
September 28th 2010...

Exclamation Stop!

Hold up - the 'depression' is your addiction's last ditch effort to open that door a crack, sticking it's claws in DESPERATELY trying to fling it wide open!

DO NOT GIVE IN! Live through it, breathe through it, read here like a man possessed, PM me, PM others with more time under their belt, come to the meeting tonight - do ANYTHING but drink.

You can do it - be the COMPLETE converse of your user name. Don't set yourself up for a fall - I am here - *RIGHT HERE* with you, breathing through Day 5.

Take my hand!
Old 10-01-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

the first few days are a bit of an emotional rollercoaster...we abused our minds and bodies for years BSU...it takes a while for them to reset themselves and recover.

Try and keep occupied, maybe a little light exercise, and make sure you're eating well...try and get as much sleep as possible.

Of course see a Dr if you think the depression is a problem, or if it goes on too long.

As for trying to forget the things we did wrong? I think thats natural at 5 days too.

Just try and stay focused on the task at hand for now
D
Old 10-01-2010, 01:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

This is a totally sympathetic reply- why don't you start by changing your member name?
Old 10-01-2010, 02:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I'm trying to try.

Wow! So many people on day 5. I'm on day 5 too! I'm so emotionally drained right now but I know it will get better.
I hope it helps to know that a bunch of us are kinda on the same page. I know it helps me.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
This is a totally sympathetic reply- why don't you start by changing your member name?
Lol. I was thinking of doing that. Might just change it to BSU. Dee74's given me my nickname :P

Feeling slightly more positive at the moment.

childofnite - I'm holding on!
Old 10-01-2010, 03:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just let an administrator know if you want to change your name BSU. PM Anna

D
Old 10-01-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
September 28th 2010...

Talking

Originally Posted by BiggestScrewUp View Post
Lol. I was thinking of doing that. Might just change it to BSU. Dee74's given me my nickname :P

Feeling slightly more positive at the moment.

childofnite - I'm holding on!
YAY!!! You can do it - you have it in you. :ghug3