Notices

Day 22..Tough day today.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 22..Tough day today.

Some days are harder than others I guess....It was my 38th birthday 2 days ago. I celebrated without my family, working late, and by myself that night. I fought the urge to drink.

Today, I have my kids (they are sleeping right now) - the ex came over with a birthday present from them for me. This made me want to drink too....Isin't it funny that when staring at everything that I lost by drinking right in front of me - 22 days without a drink - all I can think about is how much I want a drink.....It is amazing that power that it has over you. I am not in AA, but from listening to you all I can understand why Step 1 is so important.

I will not drink tonight. I will wake up sober and have a great morning with my kids and see them to school. I will continue to fight the urge. I will continue to fight the loneliness. I will remind myself of the things that I lost by drinking. I will take comfort in the fact that I will be a better person without drinking, even though there are times right now when I may not be able to see that far ahead. I have learned this from you all. Thank you.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there!!!!go snuggle with the kido's and remember what the last 21 days felt like when you woke up.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes it's hard because, if you're like me, your reaction to just about any kind of stimulus was...drink.

But learning those urges are more a memory and not a command is a turning point I think - you're doing well musicman...

congratulations on day 22!

D
Old 09-30-2010, 06:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you, Musicman!

And, yes the power that alcohol has over us cannot be overstated. But, it's getting through days like today was for you - a tough day - that will help you get through the next tough day. And, each time will get a bit easier.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Gotta keep hanging tough!!

You're doing great.

Day 22 here as well, and feeling good.