# 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Scared.....Welcome back....

lkc2010.....
Good to see a new member heading into a healthier future
Congratulations...Welcome to our recovery community
Old 09-27-2010, 11:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

scared-the one thing i've learned since i jumped back on the wagon-is that i can't change yesterday-NOBODY in the world, no matter how clever they are, can change history-but the knowledge that i can change tomorrow for me and my son, i'm a single dad with an 11 year old, both he and i deserve more than the miserable existence that's clouded os for god only knows how long-forget yesterday-beating yourself up over is only going to weaken you mentally and more than likely you'll turn to a drink to forget it-i know that's what i was doing in the end-forget yesterday and work on today-and when today's finished, work on tomorrow-it's hard for all of us and i'm not preaching-but the fact that you're here getting it all off your chest says a lot for you-keep positive, no matter how hard it gets-i am

hope you're feeling a bit better today and things start improving for you.

joey
Old 09-28-2010, 12:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

scared1 im sorry things didnt work out for you this time, but you just gotta get back up on that horse!!! theres so many different ways you can do this, maybe try a new approach?
Old 09-28-2010, 01:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Glad you are back Scared. I too felt like you and lived everyday in a silent self imposed hell. I quit drinking for good and got help. I know by not drinking and getting support that I have not had one regrettable day in sobriety and know that I never will feel the way I did when I drank. So can you.

Keep it going. Many have fallen but we can get back up and do it a bit different. Keep sharing!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Scared, I think one of the first things is to see a doctor. fast. They can help with the detox, because without medical supervision, it can be very dangerous.

It will take time, you didn't get yourself into this mess over night. Don't expect to get "better" over night. You also need to get into a healthy diet and drink lots of liquids: fruit juices, water, diet soda: Ice cream helps with the dry heaves. Chicken soup, fruits, sandwiches, keeping my stomach from feeling empty helped with the cravings.

Then , get a support group going. AA, NA, here, you need to be able to reach out when you need help. That will be the turning point. all my best thoughts. You can do this. I had 3 years, now I'm back to 27 days.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey Scared, I feel exactly the way you do. I have a 7 year old and am desparate to be a better mother because quite frankly he deserves it. But I want to do it for me too and I think that is important.
I am always telling everyone that I would do anything for my son, walk over hot coals for him. So that is what I am doing. Day 9 for me and I do feel better. Not on top of the world but better. It does get better, you can do this.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Like others have said, please don't beat yourself up. I believe that alcoholism is a disease that can't just be wished away or even conquered by willpower alone - but there is help available for you, whether that's here at SR, in AA, through counseling or some other recovery program.

I have just over 4 months sober, and if I can stop drinking anybody can. You will feel better before you know it...physically, mentally, and emotionally. Hang in there.

In the meantime, get plenty of rest, drink lots of water and try to eat if you can. Talk to your doctor if you feel you need medical supervision to detox...plenty of people do, and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Best to you.

Stephanie
Old 09-28-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you sooooo much, I want to be proud of myself. The longest I have done is 6 days. I am determined to change now. Im tired of being drunk, tired and sick the next morning after drinking. I want to feel healthy and have engergy for my kids.
I WANT TO REMEMBER all the events of nights now. I don't want to be the one people have to ignor or stay away from because I am always drunk and talking out of my @%$.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:06 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You can do it Scared. When I first said I am quitting drinking back in January....I did it and was blessed to find SR. I had more sober time then I could have imagined. I hit a bad period....relapsed and came back determined to do it again. I am currently "doing it" and added support and learned from it. I now have more sober time then I have had in over a decade. Its an amazing feeling.

I just kept it one day at a time and kept building slowly on what I knew. At the foundation of my recovery is that I will never drink again....not even a sip. I control that piece....I don't have control once I do drink.

Way to go. It gets better!

Last edited by Kmber2010; 09-28-2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: typos yet again...
Old 09-28-2010, 09:15 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you all and congradulations to everyone on another day sober. I truely am proud of all of you. Im starting day 2 and I am greatful to this site and the support.
I have tried AA and I didn't care for it. It didn't feel right to me. I tried 2 different meeting in one day at 2 different locations. twice, a few weeks ago and I really did like the womans only meeting at noon but I only get a 30 minute lunch break and I took an hour and half for that meeting and I had to tell my boss, I lost track of time while helping my "friend" with something. I might try it again next week. It was Mondays at noon. I will just tell my boss I need a longer lunch that day and work late to make it up. The other meeting were cold and impersonal.
I reveal alot more about myself here on SR but maybe because it is not face to face. I will give AA another try. Like many of you said, trying to stay sober on my own doesn't work.
Thank you all for the encouraging words.