Notices

one_last_drunk_=_now_court_date_looms_large

Old 09-28-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

sometimes it takes a while for us to learn our lessons, but like you said in your post, you have been doing everything right since that night.

ive never had a dui (just a 24 hour) but even after a coworker of mine drove drunk and killed a mother and her 2 daughters, sad to say i STILL would drink and drive.

the one that got me straight was after leaving a superbowl party, i was making left hand turn on a street they newly expanded and didnt go around the meridian i was supposed to, ended up driving down the road on the wrong side of the road with cars coming towards me (thank god it was now two lanes) when i finally clued in as to wtf was going on, i tried to jump the meridian with my car and got stuck on my under carage and couldnt get off. my friends came and got me out of there before the cops got there. since i wasnt there when they got there, they couldnt do anything to me.
car got towed, and for the next couple of days i kept getting calls from the rcmp. which i never answered and they eventually left me alone.
but man, i tell you, everytime i think about that, i get the sick knot in my stomach. all the things that could have happend. i could have killed myself or worse yet, someone else. i thank god every day for that.

i know my story is kinda irrelevent and i dont really know how it has to do with your post, but once i started writing it i couldnt stop lol

i guess we all have blessing to count at times
Old 09-28-2010, 02:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

What's really scary about drinking and driving...is that I did it for years and so did a lot of the folks I partied with. I started blacking out a few years ago (which was scary as hell) and I started blacking out with more and more and more frequency...which lead to both wrecks.

Two DUI's in five years is serious (still a mistimeaner(sp?), but this could be A LOT worse. Drugs are also a part of my story, but thank God not that night, not at least when I wrecked.

I don't ever want to be that person again. I'm ever so thankful I'm changing who I am and my outlook on life and all who live in it.