Notices

Day 1- looking for answers

Old 09-27-2010, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Day 1- looking for answers

I am very new to all of this. I started taking pain pills when I had my 3rd kid, in 2008. My husband is bipolar type 2 and has post traumatic stress disorder. After dealing with his issues for almost 5 years, I turned to pain killers. It was almost like my anti-depressant. I had energy, could take care of the kids, the house, the yard, and my very depressed husband. I hate to blame all of this on him, because I know it is my fault that I became weak. It started with a hydrocodone here and there, then gradually over the course of a year, it turned into a horrible 10 a day habit. After the tolerance was built up, I turned to oxycodone. I'm at 2 a day on the oxy's and about 6 a day of the hydro's. I also take ambien to sleep, and valium to deal with every day stress. This all has to stop! But where do I begin??? I'm terrified of withdrawals and terrified that I'm not going to be able to maintain my life any more. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm ready to start a new life for me and my children.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I would suggest an honest talk with your doctor about withdrawing safely.

Welcome to SR!