Notices

Day 22 coming to an end!!

Old 09-25-2010, 06:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Day 22 coming to an end!!

Hey all...my other thread was getting too long...so here I am.

Today was the first day of my fourth week of sobriety. I spent the entire day with my son. We went swimming...and I actually swam with him. Normally I don't go at all and if I have to be the one to take the boy, I will not go in the water. I just never feel good enough or have enough energy to even bother trying to enjoy those times. Well today we swam and laughed and played and jumped and I pushed him around on a floaty...watched him swinging from the rope and going down the slides. It was awesome. I haven't enjoyed that kind of thing in years. We took the diggy dog for a walk and just had a great day. I can't believe all of the enjoyable times that I missed due to hangover or the next drunk. Normally I would have had at least 3 or 4 beers before anybody even hit the pool. This was an amazing day.

I still have the headaches and intend to see doc early in the week about that because at this point it is becoming a bit more than I think I should have to deal with. I feel almost light headed but stuffed up at the same time...does that make any sense? I have researched detoxing and symptoms of coming off of booze and I seem to remember foggy and dizzy being a part of it but after 3 weeks could this still be the cause? I would love to hear some input on that one.

Anyway, it has been a great week all in all. The first couple weeks were much more tough but here I am today all sober and tired from all of the activity...uggh...and I thought I was in pretty good shape. I truly think that just by getting into the meetings and into AADAC as well as admitting my issue to many around me, I have built up a great support system. And, I have had an extremely positive outlook on this journey...even when it was kicking the sh't out of me...and I will continue to laugh and cry and joke and all of the things that have gotten me here.

I love the posts...I love the support and I thank you all.

You guys have been a great help and I appreciate all of you very much.

Keep on keeping on...

A big hug for all :ghug3

Donna
Old 09-25-2010, 06:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your three weeks sober!! I hope you can see a doctor about the headaches. Always good to get checked out by a doc.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you do get checked out. It's probably some little thing Donna
Congratulations on 22 days

D
Old 09-25-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I will be going in to get it checked out. I am a bit scared about it now though. It is what it is and I'm sure that he will have some answers for me.

D.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wtg on 22 days Mama! One of my favorite feelings in sobriety is that of a natural tired. How wonderful to spend this kind of time with your son as well.

Good call to get checked out by the doc. I also had headaches into week 3 but they went away shortly after. Always better to be safe than sorry.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Natural tired is right...I'm freaking exhausted...and so is my little man...lol.

That damn stinky kitty better leave me alone tonight...lol. I tried locking him out of my bedroom early early this morning but then instead of listening to him purr his brains out on my pillow...I got to listen to him MEOW his brains out outside the door. Talk about not being patient in early sobriety...omg, lol. I don't think I have ever seen an animal that small make noises that BIG...or maybe it's just me and everything is amplified and more annoying than before...lol...can you say AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I love him just the same, but at 4 in the morning he seems just about the right size to chuck across the room, lmao.

It's good to be alive all...you have helped me to make my life better already...imagine one day at a time and actually enjoying those days. I can't wait for seepy times...I'm pooped.

D.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
oak

Congratulations on Day 22!!!!! I love your story about swimming.

Sweet stinky kitty! I had a cat that would push my head off my pillow and hog the pillow! I loved her so much.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi mama! I'm glad you're doing so well - you made my night! I remember those first few weeks, realizing how nice it was to talk to my kids (my youngest often comes and sits in my bed late in the evening, usually an annoyance when I was drinking).

Thanks for the wonderful post!

p.s. I often had headaches later in the day, and discovered that I'd been drinking coffee all day, so I think I was getting a little dehydrated. Feeling a little better drinking more water these days.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hey mama. congrats on day 22! im right behind you! ending my day 21. i also get headaches everyday. as soon as i wake up i have a pounding brain and have to take tylenol. i have a dr appointment too. but hearing you have them too puts me a little at ease. ha
ps, no matter how sober i am...i aint putting on a bathingsuit. LOL
Old 09-26-2010, 12:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi, Congrats on day 22!!! I am right behind you with 15 days!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hey, mama,

Nice job. I have many regrets about my not being there for my kids when I was drinking. They've always told me I was a great mom, but I know inside how much more I could and should have done for and with them. I'll never REALLY get a do-over for that.

OTOH, my older son's birthday is today (24) and his dad and stepmom are away on vacation, and he called me the other night because he was feeling down and, as he put it, "I figure that's what moms are for." So I must have done a few things right in his eyes.

And I think your cat could compete with mine in the "most annoying feline" competition. Mine just loves me to death, no matter how many times I throw her off the sofa for sticking her wet nose against my fingers while I type.

Happy Sunday.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks all...life is great and somehow it gets even better when I come here and see all of you.

Lol Vanilla...the bathing suit is not a great feeling for me either but I figured if it makes the boy happy I'm all over it.

That ffffing cat actually laid RIGHT ON MY HEAD purring his brains out this morning. Lol...he is just a kitty so he is light but I still could have fed him to the doggie...lol.

Happy Sunday to you too Lexie...happy Sunday to all of you and have a great and sober day...I know I will.

Sober and loving it!!

D.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Nice one on 22 days sober!!

peace
Old 09-26-2010, 07:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi maw,

If the little kitty becomes too much to handle, I have an excellent recipe for kitty stew, lol. Just kidding, just kidding, gosh, do you think I'm an animal or something, lol.

Congrats on 22 days!!
Old 09-26-2010, 07:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Firestorm...I didn't think you were some kind of animal...just knew it would have something to do with food when I saw that you had posted...oink oink...hahaha. Just kidding just kidding...did you think I was some kind of a$$ or something.

So, onto my nightly post...

I had a VERY BAD day. I did NOT even think about taking a drink but I felt very overwhelmed with everything. I have been going to many many meetings, cousnelling at AADAC, tomorrow I start my Women's Recovery Group at AADAC and I have to start my course tomorrow. On top of that I have a son who has Karate 2 times per week and homework each day as well as 2 step daughters who have activities and homework when they are with us which is about 40 percent of the time or so. Then there is my husband...and a wonderful husband he is. So, long story short...holy sh't I have a lot on my plate.

I hear people say go to 90 meetings in 90 days...omg I just can't do it. My husband is away much of the weekend time in the fall and winter as he is in the Army and has to be in the field. He works Wednesday nights in the fall and winter for the same reason. That takes away Friday, Saturday, Sunday and most Wednesdays. I have made some adjustments to my routine as of today. I am going to go to meetings on Monday and Friday (Thursday when hubby is going away), Women's Recovery on Mondays at noon and AADAC counselling on Tuesays every second week.

I was feeling as though this would not cut it, that this would not be enough "support or counselling". I felt that there is so much pressure to do things the way that it works for others. I felt so bad and so spent today that I just cried and felt as though no matter what, I was going to fail because I couldn't do the number of meetings that I was "supposed to". Not anymore, I am well armed for this journey with the schedule that I have worked out and finally, for the first time in 2 weeks, I feel a little bit of the pressure come off.

I could not go to a meeting tonight because hubby was not home in time so I spent some time working on my recovery by reading in my big book. I guess what I am saying is that as long as I spend some time each and every day on my recovery, which means incorporating my responsibilities back into my life...the things like Karate and homework and bonding time with my kids that I had completely left to my husband.

So, I will be just fine. My advice to anybody who is considering a program of recovery...do what feels right to you and not what everybody else tells you that you have to do in order to be successful. I truly feel that with all of that pressure that I had on myself...if I would have slipped it would have been due to that pressure. Omg there is a lot of work to be done in recovery and putting it all in one big ball and trying to rush it is just not my bag baby.

You know, I have not had an urge to have a drink yet, not a real urge. The thought comes and goes just as fast when I see something that would normally trigger my drinking.

I feel strong and I feel good...and man what a good thing a really great cry is.

Have a great and sober night.

Donna
Old 09-26-2010, 07:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
A work in progress

There's nothing "magic" about 90 in 90. If you have other responsibilities it makes sense to do what you're doing. I like that you are devoting time to your recovery work even when you aren't at a meeting.

You will be just fine.