Notices

Thanks SR, what was I thinking?

Old 09-24-2010, 09:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks SR, what was I thinking?

A drink and a dink.

When I read that last night from one of our members here, it cracked me up. That's what I was thinking, and it almost set me off on another bout of misery and regret. Wheww, that was close.

But today, it's beautiful outside and I'm at peace on the inside because I didn't follow thorugh on my first impulse, which is rare for me. I've been far too impulsive throughout my life, and rarely considered the consequences before I took off pursuing a drink, a romp in the hay or a new idea that just popped in my head. Some consider it fun, and some consider it foolhardy, but I just considered it as chasing life full throttle and to h*ll with the consequences. I wasn't like those stiff shirts, I was a go getter and I was going to get what I wanted no matter what the cost. Well, the cost is just too much, too high and to many damaged lives lie in the wake of my pursuits. It's time to face the piper and that means changing the way I live while learning how to help others instead of stepping on them on my way to whatever fancy I'm chasing today.

SR saved my butt last night, and an AA bud helped me see through what I was contemplating to the end result if I acted on my impulses. What a wonderful gift. The helping hands of SR, AA, and the good Lord stayed me from another dive off the cliff into the abyss of active alcoholism again, and it's only because of that help that today is a beautiful day, and for that I am grateful.

Next time this happens, as was suggested last night, I think I'll just go buy a blowup doll, lol.

Thanks SR
Old 09-24-2010, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post

Next time this happens, as was suggested last night, I think I'll just go buy a blowup doll, lol.
True, they never talk back, say bad things about you, they don't drink or want any dinner, no fancy clothes either. ROFLMAO.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post

Thanks SR
And you can name her Lisa Ann!

Glad you are doing well today Dallas.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you made the right choice D

D
Old 09-24-2010, 01:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Woohoo Dallas...glad the drinky dinky thing cracked you up.

I'm proud of you kid...you did the right thing and I know that you can continue to do that.

You're doing great...and as I said, I am proud of you.

D.