SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New to this Form..... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/209794-new-form.html)

AnuRaven 09-24-2010 02:25 AM

New to this Form.....

Hi I am AnuRaven and I am an Alcoholic, Addicted, and suffer with other addiction that have nothing to do with Alcohol or drugs. Today I'm am going in for testing on my Brain (I have a Abnormality with one side be biger then the other) and I'm very scared and craving my addictions real bad. I can't get a hold of my sponsor as she at work. I could real use someone to talk to and suppers. I scared the restates of this test my make me go back out I don't wand to go back out. :c021: Help!!

Dee74 09-24-2010 03:57 AM

Hi Anu Raven

I'm sorry you posted in a slow period...

I wish you the very best...It can be scary when you're not sure what might happen and all sorts of ideas go through your head. Try to stay calm...I hope you'll come back when you find out the results :)

I live with brain injury and brain abnormalities all the time as I have cerebral palsy & have other issues related to my years of drinking - and I'm not the only one here with similar issues.

You'll find a lot of support here - you can deal with this without resorting to old behaviours :)

Welcome aboard! :)
D

Bobby 09-24-2010 04:31 AM

Hello there Anu Raven , just want you to know that i will keep you in my prayers today .... I lost 3 family members all in 9 months of each other ... my brother , my sister , then my mom . thank God the support of the AA fellowship annnnd my Sponsor who's shirttail I hung on to the whole time .. and like dee74 said .. please come back and let us know how the results turned out

Kmber2010 09-24-2010 04:54 AM

Anu....I'm glad you posted and like you, I too feared that certain things would act as a trigger and might cause me to relapse. I went through some very frightening times but did come out sober and stronger.

You can do this and being thrown these issues can test our sobriety but you posted (which is huge) and we are here for you. You aren't alone.

I am keeping you in my thoughts and hoping all goes well with your appt.

Please stay strong.

tservice 09-24-2010 05:03 AM

My prayers will be with you.

AnuRaven 09-24-2010 05:16 AM

Dee74 Thank you for the wellcome. I real do need to know I was not a lone today, but I'm sorry that you have to go throe this too.

camanche, so sorry for you loss but you stay strong and that grate.

Kmber2010, Thank for you wellcome I'm fearing more then a trigger you see one of my addtion is to pain meds and some off the treatment for my abnormalities would be pain meds. I know it o.k. to take them for medical problems but it could case a relapes if I not verry carfal.

tservice, Thank you for you supperted.

Dee74 09-24-2010 05:23 AM

I'm on the other side of the world so I'm off to bed but I hope you get good news Anu :)

D

Kmber2010 09-24-2010 05:42 AM

Anu....I totally hear what you are saying about the pain meds.

Go over your concerns with your Dr., making sure they are aware of your addiction/drinking.

I didn't have any problem with pills so when I was injured and prescribed a lengthly dose of pain meds...I didn't think to tell the ER I had a drinking problem. For me....over time the pills brought about anxiety and I ended up relapsing. I quickly picked up and when I went to my dr. he explained to me that I never should have just been handed pain meds with my history of drinking. It should have been monitored and either dispensed daily or something along those line.

Now I know better but I am glad you see the potential now. Work with your drs and I am certain together that you will find a proper plan of treatment.

Being upfront and honest with the drs has been key in my sobriety.

Huggs.

AnuRaven 09-24-2010 06:22 AM

Kmber2010, I know I should let them know but I also I mom with 2 verry young childen if they find out I'm an addited they could call child and family one me I don't wand to loss my kids. I real don't know what to do... o.k. my be I'm just :dig my self a hole tody I'm just plane out scared.

stephnc 09-24-2010 06:43 AM

Hang in there, Raven...you're going to be fine. Keep us posted on how it goes, ok?

Stephanie

DayTrader 09-24-2010 07:00 AM

Best to you Raven.

Your sponsor was right about taking it easy and not trying to tackle your addictions. If you're like me......you wouldn't be able to even if you tried. I assume from your post and your blog post that you're in NA and/or AA and, if so, you'll know that part of this deal is coming to grips with the fact that you CAN'T control your addictions. That you can't avoid all the "triggers" that things are going to happen in life that you have no ability to stop......and you're just going to have to take it......... but how does that help recovery from addiction? - well, we go in search of some power, more powerful than ourselves, to get that strength from.

Keep your head up but keep things in perspective. Maybe you can't really control what meds you need to be on and maybe on your own, once you start, you'll be hooked again........that's why you need some power from something more powerful than you.....ya know? :)

Hang in there and don't get toooooo worried about the future. Who knows WHAT will come, right?

least 09-24-2010 07:01 AM

Welcome to SR!:hug: I hope we can help you as much as this site has helped me.:)

Kmber2010 09-24-2010 07:02 AM

Anu....I think you will do just fine! All of us have been in some icky spots and have made tremendous change.

Try and take it easy. I am a firm believer in positive thinking.

Anna 09-24-2010 07:06 AM

I am sorry that you are going through this scary time.

Please let us know how you make out with the testing today.

AnuRaven 09-24-2010 07:23 AM

stephnc and Anna I'll keep you update but I don't know how long I'm going to have to wait the last test resaltes just go back to my doc last week and the test was over a month a go. :(

DayTrader, I've been ask HP and HP has capted me from my clean additions and from lossing my cool on Hubby when he wand to work leving me her a lone to face what ever will come today. That doing better then last time I had bad health problem. I getting better even if it slowly... in asner to you ? I am in NA, AA and AAA.

least, I hope so too and thank for the wellcome.

Kmber2010, I know I'm not thanking positively but At lest I'm not asming that the wares case sarery is the one that going to happen. I'm being realisted and thank of what could be a problem and trying to find way to make this health problem earsyer to handle.

AnuRaven 09-25-2010 02:27 AM

Just wand to let everone that looking for an update to my brain test know it going to be at lest a month befor my doc get back to me. I'm feeling better today thank you all for the help and I got throe the day with out relapsing :c011:.

Dee74 09-25-2010 02:43 AM

Keep us up to date Anu :)
D