Notices

Happy sober weekend...

Old 09-24-2010, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy sober weekend...

The titlte of this post is something which I would have laughed at you for saying. I would have looked at you as if you were some kind of total bore.
Happy 'sober' weekend? Surely that isn't possible? I would have muttered with much scorn.

This time on a Friday afternoon then I would have been sitting here with about a good few hours of solid drinking in me. Working my way through the 10 cans of lager that I had put into my rucksack Friday morning. I used to look forward to when I could wake up Friday morning and put my rucksack on and walk round to the shop to buy my stash. I used to feel paranoid in case I bumped into people I knew, but once I bought them I would be itching to go back and crack the first can. I would usally nail a super-strength 9% lager to get my session started and feel the warm glow hit me. Then it would be downing can after can and getting more and more intoxicated with my music blasting out. I found that in my last couple of years of drinking then I didn't eat anything at all really.

So it would be just solid drinking and of course cocaine too and pills if I could get them. Plenty of smokes too.

I would usually pass out with my music on about 10.30pm or something and wake up at about 3.00am and nail a can that I'd saved for the very purpose. I'd wake up at about 7.30am and go buy more booze and get started on that and be wasted by about 11.30am. I drank alone.

Grateful to be sober and really looking forward to a sober weekend (one day at a time of course).

Enjoy your sober weekend safe in the knowledge that you don't have to have any regrets or land yourself in any more trouble with the law.

Peace
Old 09-24-2010, 10:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I'm with you, Neo. Weekends were all about how many beers I could drink. If I didn't put away at least 30 on Saturday and 30 more on Sunday, I felt like I should've "done better". What a sick way of thinking. Glad those days are over
Old 09-24-2010, 10:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Neo and FBL, I know the feeling well. Weekends meant getting as drunk as possible. Still get that "Friday feeling" but am really glad not to be drinking.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you, Neo and enjoy your weekend!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Have a Great Weekend Neo!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 01:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't miss my old weekends one bit.
They belong to someone else.

That guy was pretty unhappy.

Thanks Neo.
D
Old 09-24-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Keep on Keepin' on Neo. I hear what Dee says...pretty unhappy. We had one long weekend last summer. We were laughing come Monday evening cause we shared a total of 101 beers between the two of us...how f'cking stupid was that...that is not including the Sambuca and anything else that we could get our hands on. What a complete waste of money and time.

Happy Sober Weekend to you all...this rocks, this sobriety thing.

D.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Idiot!

Ha ha it's a whole different life, eh?

Makes you wonder when you think about it like that - torture!

Nice one

Stu.