Notices

need help for drug and alcohol abuse

Old 09-22-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need help for drug and alcohol abuse

I have 2 sons-ages 19 and 24. We are at the end of our rope. We have tried for 4 years to get our 24 yr old help-doctors, psychiatrists, therapists, meds for depression and bipolar. We have tried for about 8 mo. to do the same with our 19 yr old. What can we do? This is killing our family.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please have a look at our friends and families forums, for drug abuse and alcoholism. Lots of good support and advice there.

Welcome to SR!

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...tance-abusers/
Old 09-22-2010, 09:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by 91861924 View Post
.....depression and bipolar.
If they have alcohol and/or drug problems..... i HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHLY recommend you and your husband running.........not walking........to an Alanon meeting.

How to find a meeting in the US/Canada/Puerto Rico <--find your state, click on "GO," and call the central office closest to your house. There will be a real live person there waiting for ppl like you to call to tell you just exactly where the closest and most convenient meetings are.

Like they say on an airplane, "if we lose oxygen, put YOUR mask on first, then help your kids." You can't be of any real help until you're straight yourself....and I you won't ever learn about addiction like you can from people who are living with it and sharing freely about it......vs taking your money for an hour of their time.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome 91861924

I'm very sorry you and your husband find yourselves in this situation - I hope you'll check out the links above.

You'll find a lot of help and support here at SR

D