Notices

day 4

Old 09-22-2010, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 4

Woke up today with another nasty headache. But I have a good outlook for today. I wonder since I am in a battling mood with my drinking, if I should quit smoking as well.... I don't might just be too much right now. I am just glad that I can wake up in the mornings and know what day of the week it it.
God Bless you all.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Tservice, I too smoked and drank for a great many years. In my past, I considered the two so intertwined, that I could give up neither! As I have mentioned here before, I finally decided one addiction at a time and put out my last cig. on April fools day in 2000, a day I intentionally choose that made it easier for me to quit :-) Never looked back, never had another. Once I was over smoking, it only took me 10 more years to get serious on quitting my drinking! For me, drinking is the more difficult addiction, not giving advice one way or another, but you just may want to do do what you said and take them one at a time. Whatever you decide, stay strong, come here often, read/learn alot, post alot, stay busy!
...Mike
Old 09-22-2010, 04:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hey, ts,

Personally, I know I could only deal with focusing on one addiction at a time. I think if I had tried to quit smoking, too, it would have increased the likelihood of picking up a drink AND a smoke.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am a smoker and am only on day 3 without a drink. I could not contemplate doing both and have come to the decision that alcohol will ruin me first (and the people around me) so my decision is to stop drinking. Fingers crossed I make it to 3 months then I am going to stop smoking. Congrats on day 4.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I say don't bite off too much at once. Be happy with the addiction that you are conquering and deal with the others later!!!! Congrats on day 4!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I quit smoking 9 years ago and it was tough. Honestly, I couldn't imagine doing both at the same time but thats just me. I didn't just smoke and drink, I smoked all the time. I would have smoked in the shower if they had invented a waterproof cig.

I had headaches almost daily from week 2-4 but they are gone now. WTG on day 4!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hey tservice... I'm in the same boat. Day 4 for me and about a pack a day smoker (used to be about 2 packs when drinking) I am going to give it a while sober before trying to quit the cigarettes. I'm thinking 3-6 months.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I say quit both at the same time.No need to go thru withdrawals twice.Kill 2 birds with one stone.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just me but I can only handle one at a time. I will quit smoking when I get a handle on my sobriety.

congrats on day 4!!!