Notices

day 3

Old 09-21-2010, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 3

Well this is my third day. Having trouble getting to sleep. Woke up and had a headache felt like I had a lot to drink the night before. No shakes yet, just hard to go to sleep, and still a very strong desire to drink. I am fighting back my desire. I was tempted to get a beer on the way home from work, but stuck with water. No matter how much water I have I am still thirsty. I have not been to another meeting yet. The latest one is 5:30 I can't get there in time. It early here, I keep think a beer would be taste really good right now. So I am making a strong pot of coffee. My doctor app. Is today thank god!!!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 05:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there, tservice. It gets easier - I promise.

Just a suggestion...if you're having cravings for beer, try substituting something sweet - either a soda, fruit juice, or even some chocolate. Early in my sobriety my sponsor suggested getting a bag of chocolate chips and keeping them in the freezer so I could just grab a few (or more) when I had a craving for alcohol. It worked fabulously.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there, really. Think about how good you will feel when the cravings subside and you no longer NEED alcohol......

Day 3........let's keep it going.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Back from my doctor. He was surprised that I have decided to quit. I asked him to put me on anabuse cause I don't trust myself right now. He also gave me 2 weeks worth of sleeping aid. That should be more than enough. No cravings right now, just thirsty and hungry. If I keep eating like this I am going to have to start working it off.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

you might have the excessive thirst from dehydration from the booze or if you are experiencing lower GI *issues*....I used herbal tea with no caffiene after noontime in order to help me get to sleep.

try some Smart Water, it has a great taste too.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad you saw your doctor and got some help. I know the insomnia is really annoying - for me it lasted about a week and a half, but everyone's different. Don't give in to the cravings - think about where it will take you.

One day at a time, you can do it!:ghug3