Notices

Day 3

Old 09-21-2010, 04:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

I am just beginning day 3. I am hoping that I feel a bit better today......not sure yet as I just crawled out of bed. I am positive and sure that I can do this!
Old 09-21-2010, 05:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do it. You and I are at our third day. Just hang in there.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations to both of you on your three days! Keep posting to let us know how you're doing...we've got your back!

Old 09-21-2010, 05:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ok--I have had my shower, some yogurt and a bit of coffee. Can't say that I am back to 100%, but I feel better than I did yesterday, so it's a start. Still have a bit of a headache, sort of feel achy and just tired. I'm sure that my binge on Saturday night was not made easier by the fact that I was just getting over a pretty bad cold that lasted nearly 2 weeks! Ironically, Saturday was the 1st day that I really felt better--so what did I do? Bought myself a few more days of feeling like crap! This alcohol stuff is really crazy, isn't it? I don't think that I ever really looked at it this way before........

I'm sure that I won't have a problem making it through this day as I don't have even the SLIGHTEST urge for any type of drink.....other than water, that is : )
Old 09-21-2010, 06:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go! The early days can be challenging but coming on to SR really helped me just by reading or posting what I was going through for support.

It does get better. I found reading through recovery stories and so forth was really helpful and getting a better understanding of alcoholism helped begin my journey.

All the best~ We are here and you aren't alone.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, there really is no logic to poisoning ourselves with alcohol, is there!

I am so glad you're feeling better and I know that you can do this.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job on staying away from the poison!

I'm not that far removed from day #3 and I had felt strange, got a headache here and there, and was actually hungry all the time. Prob because I was too busy drinking tall boys and skipping meals. Drink lots of water when you can. My little trick I do, it's like a ritual, is ANYTIME i drive even to work or get gas, etc. is to have my travel mug on hand and filled with ice water or soda. I drink from it while out and about to replace having that can of beer there. You won't see me without my mug!
Keep working on you and stay focused cause trust me, you will be attacked by that small voice waiting for your weak moment to trick you into thinking it's ok to have a drink.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes, leo. I agree with you. I still have the vivid picture of what the alcohol did to me this time. I'm sure that once that image fades, the evil voice will be waiting.

I have to say that I have never really had the urge for alcohol. It just seems like it is something that happens to me socially--not even to fit in, more just because it is there. The problem is that I can't seem to control it in those circumstances and then end up feeling horrible for days on end and guilty and depressed for longer than that. THOSE things are the biggest problem for me.

What I do know is that I don't want to drink. I don't want to feel like I have felt for the past couple of days ever again. I just don't want to. I believe that alcohol is a poison to my system and I just can't handle it like some people can. More that I don't want to handle it. Step by step, isn't that what they say......
Old 09-21-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ok--so I exercised a bit, sat in the steam room for a bit of detox and ate 2 good meals today..I feel a lot better!

Thank you all for your support...I am looking forward to day 4.