Notices

Questioning myself

Old 09-21-2010, 01:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good post!

I know now what I am - an alcoholic but when I had my first go at sobriety.....I too hit a point where I thought....maybe I'm not really that bad....maybe I can moderate and live again like all my friends and others and enjoy a drink now and again. I did drink.....I did relapse....and I almost died from the bottles consumed in just a few days.

There was a time I was a social drinker but somewhere over time I crossed a line and I can NEVER go back. If I drink just one sip....I know that it opens the door to the hellish pit I desperately climbed out of after many years.

Now I live positively and through recovery.....I have found that I never needed alcohol and I am better person without it. In 5 months of early sobriety....I have not had one regret my friend.

Well done on your work and I am glad you posted this early on. You are definitely in tune with your sobriety. Way to go.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:54 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i think we all have that thought. but think about it like that...if we werent alcoholic would we be asking ourselves that question. take it one day at a time and things will be ok