Notices

Day 8-checking in

Old 09-18-2010, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8-checking in

Day 9 tomorrow and just checking in. Mom is still in detox so I have actually been realxing and enjoying the fact that she is under someone else's care at the moment. My sister and I are going to visit tomorrow. She should be coming home Friday and then we will figure out what to do. She is not a good candidate for inpatient reahb or group therapy. We are looking into a private psychiatrist that specializes in geriatrics and addiction. It really is a surreal situation, but like my sobriety, I am dealing with things one day, one thing at a time. Looking ahead too far really stresses me out, so I stopped doing that. If there is one thing I have learned in the chaos of the last 6 months is that things can change in a heartbeat so worrying about it does not help.
For now, enjoying going to bed sober, reading and waking up when the puppy needs to go out without a hangover. Could have gone back to sleep today, but Linus was ready to play! Even at 7 am, he is fun to have around! Had lunch with a friend today to get out for awhile. Ironically, I always drank alone so my friends are already non drinkers, so no problems there!
Old 09-18-2010, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mel
I'm glad you're dealing with everything so well and taking things a day at a time

thanks for the update
D
Old 09-18-2010, 05:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing okay, Mel, and that you're taking a little time to look after yourself.

I was the same - drank alone always, my friends were non-drinkers.