Notices

There goes the pizza and beer...See ya.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

have a great day 85!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Firestorm, I'm sorry your friend reacted like that, but I think you're right, it's about him and that you are making him feel nervous about his drinking.

Sobriety really does make things more clear.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had a few friends like that FS - apparently it *was* all about the drinking.
meh - I found new friends (and some old ones)

D
Old 09-17-2010, 02:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post
Watched a documentary on a meth addicted 24 yr old lady last night who kept crying after each trick she did to get more meth. That show really disturbed me, and made me hate drugs and alcohol even more. It broke my heart to see her living as a lady of the night to fuel her drug addiction, and it strengthened my resolve to stop this insanity in my life from this point on, so I'll be here alot in the days to come.

I really need and want this sobriety thing in my life.
Ya know D...... we (you and I....and all the other alkies & drug addicts out there) are just like that lady. We're no different. Maybe we didn't give sexual services for money but we more than willingly screwed ourselves over and anyone else who stood in our way, time and time again, to continue doing just what we wanted to do: get loaded.

........and I bet that lady wants and needs to get some sobriety in her life too. Kinda reminds me of a line that used to scare the you-know-what outta me early in recovery: Sobriety and the good healthy happy life that results from that sobriety is NOT for the people who want it nor is it for the people who need it -- it's only available to the people who are willing to WORK for it. ...oh man, definitely not what I wanted to hear.....but it's soooooo true.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Sarah,

The reason why the guy did that was because he was sooooo cheap. Funny thing is, when I told him the price would be a pizza, I meant for the two of us to go out for pizza, but after he pulled that crap, I never had much to do with him, and the next time he needed a lift, oh, for some odd reason, I was totally unavailble. He was very upset that I couldn't give him another ride, but I was just too busy.... and it felt great, lol.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

What's maddening about all this is that even though I told the guy that I wasn't drinking now, and I know that's the best choice for me, my mind still tries to get me to reconsider, even now at the eleventh hour. I have to bi*ch slap myself upside the head and say, no you're going to a meeting tonight, do you want another headache like last week, do you want to feel like total dogcr*p tomorrow, blah, blah ,blah, back and forth in my own head. It is getting easier to say no, but it's still frustrating that my mind still wants to play games with itself. You would think, after 30+ years of total mindnumbing abuse, that my mind would say stuff like, hey, this is great, feel tons better, keep it up bro, but no, my sick mind keeps telling me, hey, just go and have a coke, you won't get drunk this time, it would be good to see your friends, sitting at home later is gonna sux, and round and round we go.

This recovery stuff sure is fun sometimes......NOt, but it is what it is.