Notices

It Is There... Calling My Name..

Old 09-16-2010, 06:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Hey Forwards, I used to have an "emergency stash" as well. Usually a few tall boys hidden in my car, in case I ran out of beer in the fridge. The way I view things today, though, is that no "emergency" is great enough to cause me to drink alcohol, and drinking alcohol won't help me in any "emergency" situation either. Stay strong and remain positive.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

In the early days of my recovery my husband was keeping beer in the fridge, I had a talk with him, and asked that he please not do that as it is a huge trigger for me....so now 8 months later we still have a no alcohol rule in place. Having a chat with your hubby may help.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I hope that works out one way or another, for me it wouldn't. I drank so much beer for so many years there is NO way I could have it in my fridge. I can sit here and type for 3 hours about not missing it or the hangovers etc...but put some in my fridge and I'll be here tomorrow singing the "back to day 1" blues!!! Best wishes.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That was _My_ first thought too! Open that sucker up and just pour it down the drain then stomp on the can with _extreme_ prejudice until was just a flattened mess, because surely that can of beer will _hurt_ you! This is war! Surely your husband loves you enough to get over one lost beer!!