Notices

Stange Brew

Old 09-15-2010, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stange Brew

Passed my 6 month mark a couple weeks ago. I was manning the grill at a barbecue this weekend. Someone set down their beer next to my new favorite drink ... root beer. The bottles looked similar, I was focused on cooking and accidently picked up the beer and took a sip. My first thought was YUK, what's wrong with this root beer. Then realized what I had done and just smiled.....All this time I had been fantasizing about a cold brewskie, how great it would taste, my mouth watering just thinking of it. Hah! The reality is, beer tastes like S***! No more cravings for this stuff. I'm on to better things! Thanks SR!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 09-15-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm only on day 15, but last night before I went to bed I had the thought of what beer would taste like to me. I used to like the taste ok, but the taste wasn't what I was after. I don't wanna know these days - I'm assuming it would taste awful to me so I leave it at that.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thats awesome....ive read other members have had the same experience - and then tested their tastebuds with other liquors....with varied results...some have relapsed.

I hope you dont take those risks, I dont mean to try and rain on your parade, just a friendly warning
Old 09-15-2010, 07:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good to hear, and good it was an accident. I purposely drank a few brews 4-5 weeks ago and it was definately gross, I poured the rest of the six pack out. I'll take a Pepsi any day over beer. It didn't taste smooth like before, it tasted burned or something. Yuk!