Notices

Sober day 3..

Old 09-14-2010, 05:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober day 3..

Struggling a little bit this morning. I feel good but having conflicting thoughts with myself. Drinking coffee but I would like a nice cold beer. Disgusting thought this early in the morning, I know.. I'm going to get my cleaning done and dismiss those thoughts for now. Living out the minutes today and taking deep breaths.

Good morning!!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

The cravings seem to lessen after a while. I don't understand the physiology of it but they do for me anyway.

3 days is awesome. Enjoy your day with your kids. My own 2 year old is eating pancakes and I'm enjoying watching her instead of enjoying her being occupied so I can nurse a hangover. I'm sure you can relate
Old 09-14-2010, 06:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was never much of a morning drinker unless I was attempting to chase away a huge hangover. Seeing that you are on day 3 I am pretty sure you are not hungover. Stay strong and get through it one day at a time. Think through the drink. You can do this. Work on yourself some, try to get some time to think about the why's and the why nots....heal.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh yes! My 2 year old hasn't eaten yet because she just refuses before a certain time LOL.. I'm going to make her something now though. And we've been dancing around watching team umizoomi so she's worked up an appetite. I really never get much done because Im always playing with her. :p

It's great not being hungover and trying to get her to relax with me in bed. I can actually keep up with her now.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi eremc08. I am with you on Day 3. The farthest I got earlier this year was 75 days and it was hard but also really good. I went to meetings, did lots of reading and praying and reflecting. Mostly I went over all those historically crappy times in my head and all the mornings I was regretful and tried to work with my sponsor although I don't think ultimately she was the right one for me.

I started drinking a bit again in the summer and although I never got backout drunk, these past few months of trying to drink "normally" have proved that I am more depressed and feel sadder about things, as opposed to how hopeful and energetic I felt during those 75 days sober.

So let's hear it for DAY 3!! Today we have a choice. I choose sanity

Big hug,
Soph
Old 09-14-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me as well. Still a bit foggy and tired, but feeling better each day!
Old 09-14-2010, 06:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soph View Post
Hi eremc08. I am with you on Day 3. The farthest I got earlier this year was 75 days and it was hard but also really good. I went to meetings, did lots of reading and praying and reflecting. Mostly I went over all those historically crappy times in my head and all the mornings I was regretful and tried to work with my sponsor although I don't think ultimately she was the right one for me.

I started drinking a bit again in the summer and although I never got backout drunk, these past few months of trying to drink "normally" have proved that I am more depressed and feel sadder about things, as opposed to how hopeful and energetic I felt during those 75 days sober.So let's hear it for DAY 3!! Today we have a choice. I choose sanity

Big hug,
Soph
Yes! This is what I thought when I slipped Saturday after 22 days sober. No matter what, I was not as happy and energetic as I was the days before. There's no comparison, no competition.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eremc08 View Post
Struggling a little bit this morning. I feel good but having conflicting thoughts with myself. Drinking coffee but I would like a nice cold beer. Disgusting thought this early in the morning, I know.. I'm going to get my cleaning done and dismiss those thoughts for now. Living out the minutes today and taking deep breaths.

Good morning!!
Sorry you are sturggling this morning, but you CAN make it. Don't feel too bad about saying a cold beer sounds better than coffee. ..I have had my share of beer breakfasts! I completely understand.

Today is 102 days for me. I almost threw it all away yesterday. I am very glad this morning that I did not. It was a horrible day, struggled all day. ..but i woke up this morning, still sober, no relapse. You can do this...and we can all help you get through! Glad you are posting again!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!! I'm having a difficult time right now but I want to just get through the rest of the day sober. I find that during the first couple weeks I just want the days to hurry up and end so I can count another morning that I remained sober. I don't feel like I'm enjoying anything right now.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Another one here to say don't feel like a freak re:beer in the morning. When I stopped that was when the cravings were the worse. Back when I was a mess an ice cold bottle of beer was better than any nasty tasting coffee or gross juice! Keep strong, I had a slip similar to yours 'bout a month ago.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you! I'm actually in tears right now because it's just so hard today..
Old 09-14-2010, 09:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

this is a time when you really will decide how much you WANT to be free from drinking. for me, cravings crop up out of nowhere. i have my internal plan in place on how i deal with them.

it's a complete turnaround and different mindset for me. i have to behave differently to get different results....most important, I remember that I prefer myself sober to the way I would deal with my stress and problems by drinking.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Reading helps and meetings help. SR helps a lot too. I actually have spent time playing Pacman in the little SR Arcade if you can believe it! And crying helps too, believe it or not, crying is Nature's way of cleansing. Nothing wrong with a few tears.

I know AA works because I was doing it. I met some awesome women there too, who made me want what they had. I wanted so much to be together, and cool and sober and then even help someone else once I was in a good place! Today is DAY THREE and I don't want to stay in this cycle of despair.

We can do it!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

I have to remember too that some days are just crap. Sometimes the ONLY good thing about a day is that I'm sober. But I'll take it.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good work and keep it up.....those tears of hard work will turn into tears of triumph as you look back on this.

Just remember that you never have to go through this again by abstaining.

Keep sharing....we are here!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats eremc
and betterlife4me...and good to see you again too Soph

the early days are hard - but there's a lot of support - here, and out there in the real world too.

Use it guys - you all deserve a sober life
D
Old 09-14-2010, 02:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eremc08 View Post

Good morning!!
Totally relate with wanting a beer in the morning.. Im on day 3 as well and in the past I would wake up and go straight to the fridge for a beer.... Congrats on the 3days!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

All these Day 3r's. Good work, all of you. Day 2 & 3 were the worst for me. Day 4 was 100% better, by day 5 I knew this was the last I'll ever drink alcohol. Yes, one day at a time, but, I know I'll never drink again.

Keep at it, it gets better and easier. AA is a pillar of strength, as is this place. 13 days for me today.