Notices

Back - and Day uno After Last night

Old 09-13-2010, 10:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have a 12 month old and I sometimes wish I had a job just so I could be around other adults, and have a small piece of my own life, outside of the home. Might be a positive thing.

Oh and another thing, my first attempt at sobriety in June also ended on the 23rd day. Weird huh? I now have 21 days and it seems to be much easier this time around.

Last edited by alexvt; 09-13-2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: someone already answered ques
Old 09-13-2010, 10:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Don't let that one slip up mess with your head girl... 22 days is AWESOME & you know you can do it now. Anger, loneliness, & feeling overwhemed-- huge triggers so cut yourself some slack & just pick up & go on. THIS time wil be different because there is no way one bottle of wine one night hooked you physically again so look at the bright side~~ NO DTS!!!!! WOO HOO! I don't know where you guys live or what type of other modes of transportation are available but I do know this~~ there is no way you should be at home minus a vehicle with a small child, an alcoholic mother, & the rest of your kids in school. It simply is a bad idea. Your husband on the other hand... can he not car pool? Take a bus? He might not like it, but it makes more sense than the person with the below school age child & parent at home to be car-less. You might have answered this below, I should have read, but I wanted to respond instead so... ( :

Don't let this hiccup derail you. You saw & felt how good it is to be sober. And don't stop coming here~~ you have to have support & encouragement & backup. It's just part of it. The HP stuff is fine but the underlying truth is~~ You can't do it alone. If you could you wouldn't be here, right? You need people backing you up. We all do. It's why you came here in the first place, right?

You can do this & this time... god, it'll be easier on you. ( :
Old 09-13-2010, 11:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I have faith that I will be better this time. I know I slipped and I'm not blaming it on my family or stress. I think it was a bunch of different things boiling in one pot. I had a bottle neck and blew it. I also had an old drinking bff contact me via text after months of us not talking (because of her drinking) and she wanted to be friends again. I had put her behind me and she was texting me ... ugh what a nightmare. Her life is too dramatic and I can't stand her or being friends with her. She just wanted to fight all day.. I tried ignoring her.. it's harder than people say. So, I think this situation with her plus everything else, like the accident, not being able to work (we need money) because of the kids, and my husband needing me to drive him everywhere.. it was getting to be a lot. But now I realize this and will not make that mistake again.

I'm not getting a drink just because life is bumpy.. even mountainous. (spelling?)
Old 09-13-2010, 12:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

you'll be fine. it's good to keep things as simple as possible at first so we can get some experience in dealing with things without running to our escape mechanism. that was very important for me, so that when some tough stuff started coming up i had built some smaller experiences and knew i could handle it. but life doesn't always work that way. **** can and will happen, but the simple fact is that i don't have to ever drink/use again, no matter what, one day at a time.