Notices

Need to clean house - literally!

Old 09-11-2010, 05:15 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

That is way too funny firestorm, I thought the geckos were your pets, like ours are. LOL As for the lady down the street... a palm sander maybe a great gift. I am visualize what she looks like.

Thanks for the laugh and for making my evening that much more enjoyable!!!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2010, 05:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by bettterlife4me View Post
Has anyone else sobered up, looked around and thought "my God, what a mess".

I have let what were minor house repairs turn into what are now major home repairs. This has been a major source of stress for me, and was one of the reasons I drank - to forget about what a mess it all is.

I am determined to get my house in order - literally! I would get so overwhelmed with it all, but am just grateful to have a roof over my head and I will deal with repairs one step at a time, must like my recovery.

Thanks for listening.

lol, after years my house can still be chaos and parts of my life are still unmanageable, difference is I accept that, talk about it and do the very best I can each day and dont beat on me anymore

Hope the Cleaning is going well.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Just try to get 1 room or 1/2 room done everyday, and before you know it you'll only have to do light maintenance to keep it up.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks to all of you for your comments and suggestions.

It is a gorgeous day today in Oklahoma ! Just spent 2 hours in the front yard pulling dead plants and weeds, raking yard debris. It's been a long, hot summer, and of course I didn't water.

Even if I just do one little thing a day, I will get that one little thing done.

Thanks again everyone!
Old 09-12-2010, 11:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I actually felt like I needed to clean the house because I was clean and my house didn't complement my new sober life. It was as if my whole life and surroundings were "sober".
Old 09-12-2010, 11:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mama36 View Post
Can anyone tell me how to reply with quote but with only part of a post?
Press the quote button, then left click and highlight the parts you don't want, may take a few tries, press DEL and those words highlighted will be gone.

Better, it's probably a good thing your repairs will keep you busy. I like to stay busy, it keeps my mind out of the bottle. Nothing worse than having nothing to do.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I love it when guests come by, cuase it motivates me to clean this place up, lol. If it weren't for the guests, I shudder to think what this place would be like.

Maybe I can learn something from you guys and gals!!!

Thanks for the motivation.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:44 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well, I started on my room today. Probably hadn't been vaccumed in 6 months (or more) Actually moved all the stuff out of the room that I could move and gave it a good cleaning. Then started on all the papers and notes and "stuff" in piles everywhere. Cleaned by desk, it's actually white again! About half done, spent 2 hours. Not bad!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Firestorm,
Hehe, that's my cleaning method too!
Old 09-14-2010, 08:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good for you CottonwoodChris! I does feel good to get things in order. I will put off what is maybe an hour (or less) project, acting like it's a huge undertaking. Then when I actually do it, and it didn't take much time I think "what was the big deal"?

I am trying to do one thing everyday. It may be minor (yesterday I changed the air conditioner filters, took all of 3 minutes) but if I do SOMETHING everyday I have accomplished SOMETHING - SOMETHING I wouldn't have done if I were hungover or drunk.