Notices

2nd day sober!! Begining of a new life!!

Old 09-10-2010, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2nd day sober!! Begining of a new life!!

Hi everyone,

I know this is not a big deal on my 2nd day sober, but for me, it is the beginning of a new life. I have a cocaine problem since 3 years and I can’t look at myself anymore. I have the impression that nobody loves me anymore because of what I’ve become. I hate myself for now because I had such a beautiful life before that. I had my beautiful girl, an amazing job in engineering, a healthy family… well everything someone normal would appreciate. Guess it was not enough for me at this time. I always thought I was intelligent enough to never use those drugs but I learned that it can happen to anyone, anywhere, anytime so I should not feel ashamed for that. I just need to be strong enough to say no and get back to my beautiful life. That’s where I need your support guys.

I realised like 3 months ago that I was unable to contain my need and that life seems so boring without it. But I know that, what I need is a sober life and I am REALLY determined to go through.

I found this forum while searching on how to get rid of this awful drug. A lot of people here helped me with their story and now I may think I need a little support to go through that. Everyone says that it is one of the most difficult things they had to do but it worth it. I guess you just need to be strong and really determined for this to stop.

Well, on that second day, I don’t feel so bad for now but I know things will begin soon. I have a terrible chest pain, headache (as usual) and I’m feeling dizzy and confused for all I know. Still cannot sleep well but I guess it is just a matter of time. I feel a little depress because life seems so boring but I know this is normal too and I have to keep myself busy. I try to stay positive in every sentence to cheer me up because I know that tomorrow will be a mess.

Do you have a similar story you can share with me. I would like to hear from you guys. Together, we can save our life and if I succeed, I’ll be able to save someone’s life too. Feel free if you have any idea of activity I can do. Sorry for my bad English, I usually speak French.

Thank you all!! I can’t wait for that 10 days sober!!
Old 09-10-2010, 03:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi TheSkyDiver
I have no experience with cocaine but I wanted to welcome you

Please do seek medical attention if you become worried about your heath at all over the next few days.

Check out our Substance Abuse forum too - you'll find even more help and support down there as well

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 09-10-2010, 04:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee74, i appreciate your help.
This forum is great for distraction and i will be around often!
Old 09-10-2010, 04:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi SkyDiver,

Your English is great and I'm glad you posted.

I hope you find that your life begins to change from boring to peaceful, content and satisfying. I was so glad to be the done with the drama when I stopped drinking.

I hope you keep reading and posting.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Anna,

Thank you for your support and i'm glad to be here with you guys. I think i made the right decision so far but it's still hard. I hope i will be as strong as you because i really want to enjoy life (which was not a word in my vocabulary since 3 years).

I will make it through and, who knows, maybe i'll be able to help someone else after my recovery. For now, I will take one day at the time. It's very hard even tonight because i don't have my little thing but i'm going out tonight with my good supporting friend who understand everything even if he has never touched drugs.

I already saved some $$ but i already miss it even if i HATESt it. I think it's normal at this point. I'll keep posting, this forum helps me a lot.

Thank you for your support!!
Old 09-10-2010, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Welcome SkyDiver. Day 2 is a big deal...congrats. I hope you find the support you need. There are stories all over this site for you to read and find experiences that worked for people.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I'm glad you're here, SkyDiver! I know you'll find a lot of support in the Substance Abuse forum. You deserve a life free from the control of addiction. It might be a little hard at first (because we do have to find other ways to fill our time), but if we can do it, so can you. It gets better every day, so do whatever it takes to get through it. Don't think about tomorrow or next week - just focus on staying clean today.

Keep posting and reading - it really helped me immensely!:ghug3
Old 09-10-2010, 10:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome SD!

Yes - Day two is definitely a big deal. Without it you can't have day 3, day 4 and so on. However, my best advice is "one day at a time".

You can do this. Stay strong and you will get that life back

Coming here as much as you can will help too. It's a great place with a lot of great people.

Take care :ghug3
Old 09-10-2010, 10:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey SD, I did cocaine for 15 years, I was a bartender with late hrs. I probably did it about 3X a week, but I think I only did it to stay awake and drink more. I use to stay up all night and the next day till I had to be back at work the next night. Brutal way to live.
I met someone and move out of state, he never knew or did it. Once I moved I did not know anybody and basically quit from that moment on.

I never had withdrawal from it, I don't think but I continued to drink (my drug of choice.) I still craved it though when I had a good buzz but couldn't do anything about it.

I have now quit everything and I am a much happier person. You can be too! I swear!

Welcome to SR.