Notices

No booze after Labor Day

Old 09-17-2010, 06:50 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Tempe View Post
I did originally think this site was about recovery, not AA. However, it would seem when many folks here find out you aren't attending AA meetings that they stop the support. That's too bad if you ask me because I would think what is most important is that we STOP drinking, not HOW we do it.
As someone who found the solution to their drinking and living problem IN AA... my experience is that telling someone who may be like me "you can do it, just don't drink, keep trying, you rock, go work out, dump all your booze, check into detox, find a good therapist, etc" will have little impact over the long haul and will likely just slow the inevitable - getting drunk again.

Comments like that didn't work for me nor did they help anyone who found they needed the type of solution AA provides. AA's for the folks who've tried all that stuff and found no relief. What you're viewing as "lack of support" is really ppl like me not sharing what doesn't work (for us).

Maybe that stuff will work for you, and that's great for you if it does. Sharing the solution in AA is what worked for me and if you don't want to hear that, then it wouldn't be proper for any of us AA'rs to appear to be pushing our solution on you.

Best of luck in finding your way!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:14 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

There are a lot of us not in AA. There is a specific forum too (secular connections).