Notices

knowing God for a year

Old 09-09-2010, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

knowing God for a year

It's been about a year since I was supposed to be on a plane. The circumstances are still sketchy, I don't remember much. I do remember my mom telling me, the airline personnel told her I appeared intoxicated. Pretty scary for a mom. Pretty shameful for a woman at ten in the morning.
I got a ride to a hotel on the water which was great but the taxi wouldn't take me to the liquor store so I had to drink on a limited cash flow at hotel prices. Not good for my tolerance, not good at all. I spent the day alone nappping and then went out to eat, started talking to a bunch of other alcoholics and felt really alone. My family was at home scared to death about me and the state they new I was in and I was alone.
It had been months since I was in the ER for droopy eyelids and chronic pain in my chest. They told me about my elevated liver enzymes, why I bruised so easy and of course that I needed to stop drinking. They weren't kind and full of judgement. So I new and had known since I relapsed that I had to stop, i was killing myself with the cycle booze, withdrawal, vomit, booze, vomit, booze, withdrawal.
It wasn't until that night that I asked God for help. There was no light or heavenly feeling. But when I opened my eyes I had hope. I didn't know what I was going to do but I knew God would let me know when I found the right path. I wouldn't say my fear went away right then because there were so many scary things to face, but throughout threatment I was able to do the things I needed to do honestly because I knew God was with me.
It took awhile to find the right place and coordinate care, and yes I kept drinking, but in the end, here I am. A grateful, fearless sober person who knows God.
Thanks for reading and keep trying, it's worth it!
SH
Old 09-09-2010, 11:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Old 09-09-2010, 11:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

An amazing Post stanley...I loved it. Thank God you are here, and that you are inspired to stay away from the poison.

I thank God that he gave me the strenght and guidance to help keep me sober. I pray He gives others the strenght to stop poisoning themselves...those that ask for it.

Congrats stanley...thanks for the Post. God bless you.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A beautful post Stanley and an inspiration for the rest of us :-) Congratulations!! :day2

I'm also sure that I wouldn't be here sober, 7 months on, without the help, protection and guidance of God. So many good things have happened to me since that turning point and I am so so happy today :-)

Big hugs,

Almath