Notices

it just keeps getting Better!

Old 09-10-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by SweetCityWoman View Post
Hey Mama - Dig your doggie! My dogs are huge in my finding my way through this difficult time (I'm 3 weeks sober today). Plus this forum and giving AA a try. Reaching out and getting out for walks is a big help - esp. when I feel anxious - this instead of reaching for a bottle of red!!
Hey Sweet...thanks, that is Cujo...he is awesome and he is the only one in the house who does not get on my nerves right now...shhhh...did I day that out loud?
Old 09-10-2010, 05:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing that 24hrs. I think it is good for all of us to hear about someone else's success and how they are doing in recovery. It is important for all of us to know that there is life after alcohol and drugs and how we can achieve the same joy, happiness and freedom. Passing on a message of hope is what it is all about.

God bless and be with you.

Harry
Old 09-10-2010, 08:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Mama - Cujo - fantastic name for your little one!! Funny but like you, my dogs are the only ones not on my nerves these days - except for people in my AA meetings. So on day 22 sober I think back and about a week ago people at work started getting on my nerves and I just didn't care about listening to everyone's issues. I think some of this might be changes in my body but some is turning the focus on me - ME FIRST - this is critical to my sobriety. Inside I have been feeling so positive and stronger and stronger. But this is a new life for me - sober - and so much is changing. Old stuff feels so distant. Except my dogs.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by 24hrsAday View Post
Just got back from a meeting! sun is shining again.. it's great to be sober ODAAT!
Sweet...24...everyone...it is a GREAT DAY to be sober...I'm feeling so much better since I went to my meeting...like I could take on the world.

Sweet - my coworkers have been getting on my nerves too...I snapped at one yesterday when she was complaining about another lady...like that is the top of my priority list these days. It's not that I don't care, it's just that nowadays it seems to me that one and all have more important things to worry about in life that he said she said.