Notices

Oh Look....

Old 09-09-2010, 12:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oh Look....

It's 3:00 in the morning and as usual, have been up for a couple hours (went to bed at 11:00).... Since I work at home these days, I usually just roll over, get up, put in a few hours of work so I can either ride bike or go for a run later; _try_ and recover some of the damage I know I've done to my body over the past upmteen years! There is _Nothing_ in the house, I learned that lesson long ago, if there's anything in the house during these ealry morning periods, I'm screwed, blue'd and tattooed...
Peace,
..Mike
Old 09-09-2010, 12:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((BC))) - yeah, I'm still up at 3a.m., too, but am hoping to get some sleep soon. Good for you for not having anything in the house

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-09-2010, 04:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Must have been something in the water last night...I was wide awake and in the chatroom at 3am this morning. Thank God for international chatters and other insomniacs to talk to!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

3AM was one of my biggest *trigger times* too....a drink to "get back to sleep" when my alarm goes off at 530AM for work? what insanity I put both my body and mind through!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ah working from home is so dangerous! Ive always managed to find ways to do so and it did not help with addiction at all. Stay strong!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Hey Mike.. been there done that. (and I'm a Mike too - ) I kinda went the other way.... I'd just NOT go to bed. Did a TON of all-nighters...and still worked fulltime. Maybe get 2 hours the next night....then crash. My sleep was allllllllllllll messed up for quite a while. Of course, it was a wreck when I was drinking and pretty much for the previous 15 - 20 years so I kinda got accustomed to maybe 15 or 20 hours of sleep per week. Don't sweat it.... I just learned to roll with it and figured if all I got was 2 hours.....so be it...... 2 hours it is. We'll see tomorrow. You'd be surprised how productive you can be on "less than the suggested 8hrs per night" sleep - It took me a pretty long time for my sleep patterns to straighten out and heck, maybe it's just age that caught up with me, I dunno.

Regardless, don't worry about it. So you get less sleep one, two, seven nights in a row....big deal. It WILL pass.

Do what you can bud. Hopefully it works out for you. Maybe you should look at some of the recovery programs that are out there too. I think you may find a lot of stuff you can benefit from.

Mike
Old 09-09-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

3am was my witching hour when I was drinking. I'd wake up from withdrawals, get up, take some Excedrine, drink some water, and eat bread in the hopes I could avoid being hungover. It never worked. Ever. Then I'd lay and stare up at the ceiling until just before I had to get up, fall asleep for a few and wake up miserable. Good times.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah, sleep patterns are just all over the place! I'll wait the months it's going to take. I still stand back in awe of a substance that causes just such mortal misery to us and the ones we love, and..... then we go back for more. What kind of sick joke is that?! Amazing!