Notices

Go to the Doctor!

Old 09-04-2010, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Go to the Doctor!

Day 39 and woke up happy! I finally went to a Doctor yesterday…first time in 6 years. The nurse said if I drank water it would spurt out all of the holes they put in me. I’ll get test results next week and there are more doctors on the calendar, but I want to strongly encourage all of you doctor scardy cats to just make the appointment! I don't know what next week's results will be, but it was good to hear that my current night sweats are actually part of being 50 rather than a continued lack of Cabernet! I brought a good book with me so that the wait was bearable. And with all the different tests they ran, there was alot of wait time.

I never wanted to go to the doctor while I was drinking, because I didn’t want to admit how much I was drinking. That’s a bad cycle.

Today is a good day…
Old 09-04-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I went to the doctor almost two years ago, got referrals for a bunch of tests, and never did them. I need to follow up on that--I'm about the same age as you, and we need to start taking a look at where we are at, health-wise, regardless of alcohol issues.

Thanks for the friendly reminder.