Notices

Please. Help Me.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:19 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by ARB View Post
AA.... Seriously? I have been in AA my entire life... AS THE CODEPENDENT! I have never had a drinking problem... everybody else did. And I was there to help THEM! AA? I own a Big Book from the past. I was a "concerned person" with my boyfriend, my sister, my brother-in-law........ I have never had a problem.

Jesus. I know I keep asking this.... but how in the F^%& did this happen to me?

I am angry.
I am filled with resentment.
I am filled with remorse and shame and fear.

SUCKS.
ahhhh.... I know that story. One of my fav. ppl in aa is a lady with 20 yrs sober now. She spent her entire childhood in alateen (her dad has a whole bunch of yrs in aa now) and alanon.

I'll tell ya, I had to give up on the "why/how did this happen" question.....I wasn't getting any answers and then it dawned on me, figuring out why it happened it isn't nearly as important as recognizing that it happened and figuring out what my next move was. If you suddenly find yourself in the middle of a street, you don't know how you got there, and there's a truck bearing down on you........now is not the time to sit and ponder just how you ended up on the street - get out of the way of the truck.