Notices

Mornings before vs Mornings now...

Old 08-28-2010, 08:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

morning before on a binge, wake up , wait for the beer store to open ( 9:00) , go to beer store, get obliterated. Mornings now, and usually when not on binge, wake up ( i love getting up early ) have coffee, enjoy quiet time, go for a run or go to the gym. This is what i love.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Got up early, got coffee and a muffin for me, a sausage for the dogs, went to park, talked real estate with friends, checked SR and I still have 2 hours to work before lunch:-)
Old 08-29-2010, 08:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sometimes I have difficulty sleeping. But no matter how tired I am, I still feel way better than having a hangover.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Btw...just realized I didn't have a before example...suffice it to say they weren't worth mentioning!
Old 08-29-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Before: Waking up in a fog of incomparable demoralization, dejection and total despondency.

Now: Waking up with a hopeful attitude. Being able to accept whatever life has to offer, the good with bad.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

Nowadays I feel like calling out of work because I feel GREAT!!!

Old 08-29-2010, 12:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Before: Sometimes, in the old days, there were mornings when there was no waking up to do because we drank from dusk to dawn, watching the sun come up over the sea through a haze of vodka and orange juice.

Now: I wake up early with a very good feeling in my heart, still listening to the sea and the beautiful sound of fish eagles. every day, no matter what happens, is a clear day illuminating this precious gift of sobriety.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Very early days for me yet.....day 8.

Have already noticed the difference in the mornings.

before; would wake in a panic...what did i do or say last night, get up check for bruises in case I had fallen, try to find clothes which could be anywhere in the house, count the empty wine bottles....the anxiety was terrible having to wait for my husband to come home and gauge his mood to see if i needed to apologise for something I couldn't remember.

now; wake up, stretch, smile go downstairs, have my only hit of coffee of the day, still feel anxiety, but at least I can remember the night before. I can get in the car early in the morning and not worry about being breathalised. Look forward to my husband coming home knowing I haven't said or done something awful the night before.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:09 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Mornings in the past... make up with major anxiety, grabbed a beer or another type of drink to take the edge off... always tired, go back to bed for awhile, wake up and have another beer. Try to work (home-based business), hated it. Helped the three kids get ready for the day.... very irritable.

Now, up very early, like I always did for 7 years when I didn't drink. Have an International Coffee... only one. Chug a few glasses of water. Appetite in the morning is great, haven't had that for along time.

Pumped about work and very productive. Today the three kids start school, oh, quiet time for 7 1/2 hour each day... look forward to getting a lot done. Enjoy watching the sunrise and every morning check SR for inspiration to continue on my positive journey. Everyday is full of positive changes and wonderful surprises. :day6

Thanks all!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:59 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Just another day...

Before: wheres my wedding ring? my head is killing me. Cant open my eyes. Where the hell did that bruise come from? How did I get in bed?

Now: wedding ring on my finger. No headache, the light really doesnt kill ya! lol. no bruises and I know how I got to bed.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:09 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I was thankful for being alive, but it was still morning and I still wanted to go back to sleep. I had unrealistic expectations of what sobriety was going to do for me. I figured I was going to wake up everyday wanting to kick ass, it doesn't work that way. Some good some are bad. Stay sober.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:48 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

My mornings still suck, but they'd suck more if I were drinking. I swear my body took a turn for the worse 6 months ago the day I turned 40. No kidding. At least I'm sober! Going on 16 months.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:20 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TexasNative View Post
I love my mornings now. This am I was at the grocery store before 7!! When I'm drinking, mornings are just the beginning of another nasty day on earth. For me it wasn't coffee either, towards the end my breakfast was a 6 pack.
i know that feeling texas-thats how i got in the end-check my post out from yesterday "fallen again" i had a rough night but this morning i opened my eyes in a whole new way-no need for beer-it doesnt make life richer-just the people who sell me it.