Notices

Got to get things figured out.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got to get things figured out.

I recently found this group in a search on the internet after I realized that I do have a problem with alcohol. I have to get my life back on track because it is starting to disrupt my family and job. I will most likely be back because this forum seems to have alot to offer.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope you return - the site has been helpful for me. Good luck.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome!

The forum is full of many new members like you, including myself. It's been a great place for me and has helped a great deal early recovery from alcohol. I hope you stick around!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family! This site has been very helpful to me and still is helpful. The support and good information has helped me get and stay sober. I'm glad you found us!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

This place helped save my life and help me turn my life around - you'll find a lot of help and support here.

Welcome fe406

D
Old 08-27-2010, 05:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I very much appreciate the welcome. About 11 tonight wil be my third day with out. I know it will take me a few days to adjust.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Thanks for being here, fe! I found this place 5 months ago. Been checking in nearly every day, and haven't had a drink since. I also use other tools such as AA to help me stay off the alcohol, but this site is the one constant, always here when I can't get to a meeting. I can pop in while I'm at home on my couch, or at school between classes (and sometimes during), or on my phone while I'm at work. There are lots of really great people here with years' worth of experience and knowledge to share with you. I hope you keep stopping by.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome fe406!

SR is such a great place to come those first few difficult days. (and every day after...) You can do this! I spent many anxious, sleepless hours here just reading and learning. I found it very calming. So many kindred spirits in this place.

-Poppies
Old 08-27-2010, 06:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well it hasnt killed me to admit that I have a problem. But not many services work with my schedule at work. Nice to find a place I can drop in anytime.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for stopping in and getting to know all of us... I look forward to being a part of your journey to recovery and you sharing in mine. You will find the wonderful people here offer tons of support and friendship. We are all in this together... and we will succeed.

It is great you are on Day 3, you will find things will get better and better as you move forward.

Stay in touch and post often.