Notices

Just checking in

Old 08-27-2010, 03:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just checking in

Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well.

I havent posted in a couple weeks but figured i'd check in and let everyone know things are going pretty good. It's been a ~few weeks now I guess, I stopped counting days as it seemed to be a constant remidner for me.

I started on a really clean diet as well which I think has helped me huge in this early recovery. And I'm not just talking about the weight loss, the wonders a perfect, clean diet does for the body is indredible, both mentally and physically. Which were both areas I was badly suffering in from my drinking. I've lost around 20lbs and don't have much left to lose anymore! Head is clear, sleep is good, work is going well.

Many of my close firends have realized I've quit drinking, I havent come out and told anyone but it is very obvious (i'd assume) to them. A few comments but nothing major.

I feel I've gotten through a lot of the hard steps I messed up on early on when I had my first go at it. I previously did 11days and had a slipup that included a week of me drunk off my face.

I owe it to everyone here, the support and reading everyone elses posts on here as really set me straight. I know its not a life I can go back to, I need to keep at. Anyhow, have a great day everyone!
Old 08-27-2010, 03:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

So glad to hear you're doing well!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are going well gcc. Drop in whenever you like

D
Old 08-27-2010, 06:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Welcome back gcc. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Aside from your diet, is there anything you plan on doing differently this time around? Any program or counselor or support group or anything? I'm on SR every day, but I also find that I get a lot out of speaking with people face-to-face. That person-to-person interaction helps me a lot. Have a great weekend!
Old 08-27-2010, 06:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. And welcome back.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great to hear of your current success. Congratulations.