Notices

Food cooked with alcohol?

Old 08-27-2010, 11:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

This alkie doesn't eat anything cooked with alcoholic beverage. No way man. The people cooking it know why too, not for this alkie. There can be no confusion then.

Peace
Old 08-05-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I avoid eating stuff cooked in alcohol but I don't make a big stink if I do. However I know that my recovery is more on the drugs side and that people I know who are major alcoholics feel triggered when they taste it.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I still cook with alcohol (but rarely, just a few fancy French recipes). The small amount in the food does not threaten my sobriety. However, I do use vermouth in place of wine. I would be tempted to finish the bottle while I was cooking otherwise. Sigh, now a wave of nostalgia just hit me.

LOL, I just realized how old this thread is.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

"Drunken Chicken"... Now that's a new one to me... I've always heard it referred to as "Beer Butt Chicken"...lol

I've made it a bunch of times, and it is good, but a can full of mojo marinade in place of the beer is MUCH better in my opinion. Once I made/tried it that way, I never went back to cooking it with the beer, even though I had/have no worries about the beer version hurting my sobriety...