Notices

Disappointed

Old 08-25-2010, 07:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
broken wings

Disappointed

So Saturday was supposed to be my day one.......I only made it to 5:30pm I let the anxiety get the best of me.I started over today is day 2 and I feel horrible last night was especially awful and I know it's gonna get worse,last time I stopped drinking the worst of it came on days 3-5 and that's as far as I got cause I couldnt stand it anymore and I was so scared. I'm so sick right now I'm just trying to convince myself to not go to the store.....I just want it to stop! I don't know if I am strong enough. Sorry I just needed to vent thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 07:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You ARE strong enough. Just hang around here and talk with us.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

SilentEyes there is always someone here on SR to talk to. I can tell you it helps, it really does.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Did you talk to a doctor about detoxing? Be sure to call for medical help if you need it.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can go in the chatroom and talk to folks there real time. Posting here is fine, but you might get quicker responses there.

About the misery associated with quitting . . . yes, it's miserable. It's horrible. It s^cks. It hurts. But, if you never get through those first few days, it never gets better. It never quits hurting.

Quitting made enough of impression on me that the memory of it is often enough to keep me quit. I can't go through that again.

Pay attention to your body. If you need medical attention, go get it. Don't be too embarrassed. Those folks have seen everything.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

SE......

It's always wise to have an honest talk with a doctor
about how to de tox safely.
I'm sorry to know you are having such difficulties.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Detox is awful, but this can be the last time you ever feel this way. If you have to go to the ER.

Sending you thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
part time member

I found that reading in the beginning helped. I believe there is a link somewhere on SR regarding good books to read. It kept my mind busy and was encouragement. Look under Social Clubs...Book Clubs...I also played games in the arcade. I still like them.

If it is bad you really should talk to a doctor before trying to detox alone. Medical help is always a good answer.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey SilentEyes

Many of us had false starts...do check with your doctor...it's always the best and safest course of action.

Changing our lives can be difficult - use what ever support you can get - have you considered a recovery programme like AA or SMART?

D
Old 08-25-2010, 08:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
broken wings

I decided not to go to the store.I got in some pajamas gonna try to lay down for a bit knowing I'm not gonna get to sleep.Just trying to find any bit of comfort.......
Old 08-25-2010, 09:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Try to quiet your mind if you can. Take good care of yourself.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

By the time i stopped drinking i definitely did not ant to stop drinking! I just wanted a magic cure for the emotional pain and anxiety that i felt...the 12 steps of AA work for me, it can for you too:-)
Old 08-25-2010, 09:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

Originally Posted by SilentEyes View Post
I decided not to go to the store.I got in some pajamas gonna try to lay down for a bit knowing I'm not gonna get to sleep.Just trying to find any bit of comfort.......
Yay for not going to the store. Try not to battle the not sleeping. When you get bored of laying there, get up. My mp3 player became a great friend during my detox.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I hope it gets better & as everyone has said... you really ought to call your doctor & just run by what you're going through with her or him.

My heart goes out to you with the detoxing. It is horrible. No one can understand unless they have laid there & been through it. I am so sorry you have to go through that-- but think how wonderful for it to be the last time you ever have to!

You CAN do this. You ARE that strong.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You are strong enough to do it!! This site has helped me and I never went 3 days before, am now on day 8! The first few days are the hardest... ugh. I remember them vividly. It was only 5-6 days ago so I know how you feel... But also know that you CAN do it! Keep coming here and talking to others. We're all together in this and can support each other.
Congrats on day2 and keep it going!!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please do get medical help if it gets too much to bear. And keep telling yourself "I never have to go thru this again!" Get whatever help you need to stay sober, whether it's a program or counseling or support groups - whatever you need to do, do it with all your heart and soul.