Notices

Trying To Absorb It All...

Old 08-24-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tofls View Post
hang on tight,I will be looking for you and hope to see you around a lot more,
Now I'm off to see where else I can type away at
LOL! Well make sure to stretch your fingers and wiggle your eyelids from time to time. I don't want you to get stuck with "Computer Face" and "Keyboard Hands".

Computer face - symptoms are glazed eyes, blank expression, mouth open, random breathing

Keyboard hands - symptoms include curled fingers, constantly up and down motions without anything under them or spastic thumb movements
Old 08-24-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ohhh now you warn me,too late. I was peeking around for you,hey,there is a chat you know,great way to get your mind off things
Old 08-24-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome, MindShift! I love your name, by the way. Congrats for taking that first step and reaching out for support! It feels really good to become a part of the group rather than being outside looking in. Not easy to make that first post tho - I remember that feeling well!

Hope you continue to post a lot and keep reading. It didn't take me too long to get to know my way around, but if you run into trouble or have questions, there's thread you can post in for that.

Glad you're here!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by artsoul View Post
Welcome, MindShift! I love your name, by the way. Congrats for taking that first step and reaching out for support! It feels really good to become a part of the group rather than being outside looking in. Not easy to make that first post tho - I remember that feeling well!

Hope you continue to post a lot and keep reading. It didn't take me too long to get to know my way around, but if you run into trouble or have questions, there's thread you can post in for that.

Glad you're here!
Thank you! Today has been so positive for me. I've been lurking around and posting here and there much of the afternoon/evening. When I get overwhelmed, I walk away for a bit. I have appreciated all of you being so welcoming.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard Mindshift!

I felt right at home when I joined last month and so positive after reading and posting during my first few days. Although physically inside I felt like hurling while detoxing, I always walked away from SR with a smile on my face after the comforting interactions with everyone here.

We'll see ya around for many more posts.....
Old 08-24-2010, 08:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cat1961 View Post
Welcome aboard Mindshift!

I felt right at home when I joined last month and so positive after reading and posting during my first few days. Although physically inside I felt like hurling while detoxing, I always walked away from SR with a smile on my face after the comforting interactions with everyone here.

We'll see ya around for many more posts.....
Indeed. Thank you for sharing your experience. For me? It's the cravings. I love beer. Sometimes I don't even care about the buzz, I just want the beer. That's why I binge when I drank. Then, POOF, 8 beers later, I was a yammering dork thinking I was having deep conversations about who knows what. Probably topics like "why do we have toenails" or "why did they name paint 'paint'". I've always wondered why Mensa never called....
Old 08-25-2010, 11:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day 2 today. It's been a long morning and mid-afternoon. The insomnia kept me up extremely late. Had to get up early. Oddly enough, I'm not tired. Probably due to the anxiety I've had all day.

Big changes in my routine start tomorrow. Good changes, but change of any kind makes me nervous. Which is why it's important for me not to drink and be clear-headed. That said, a real test will be this evening. I'll be staying close to SR for sure. I think I'll need the distraction. Also - I plan to start a new book. I hope I don't zone out and stare at the wall for hours.

Thank you for reading.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Mindshift, here's hoping your not just staring at the walls then and maybe you took sometime to get to reading in some other sections or just more posts here in this section.

Changes, as an alcoholic, when I was active, I made more changes than you could shake a stick at. After getting sober, changes were the most difficult things for me to do. I remember the first time I moved, it was simply overwhelming. I still dislike changes today, but not so difficult to make anymore. Especially if the changes are for the better.

Hang in there.

Harry
Old 08-25-2010, 07:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you, Harry. Sincerely. I appreciate you sharing that with me. Means a lot.

Today has been very hard. Not with the urge to drink, per se, but with aforementioned changes happening tomorrow and heavy drama this evening. I don't live a life with drama and being Day 2 into my sobriety, this was kind of a bad time for it to happen. I'm not used to it and I'm probably overreacting a bit.

As I sit here bawling my eyes out, I am clinging to SR (have been most of the day) and reading the uplifting recovery stories to keep me focused. I am so thankful that I have you good people to lean on at this very moment (and I'm sure many more moments to come).

I will be going to bed soon and hope I'll sleep a bit. Long day tomorrow. Maybe soon, I'll get around to reading that book. Won't be today.

Thank you for reading.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:38 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery comunity.....

Glad to know you are here