Notices

Day 7 and feeling stronger

Old 08-24-2010, 06:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Day 7 and feeling stronger

Hey Everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I am on day 7 and feeling better and better each day... still a little weak and anxiety kicks in around 7:00 at night, but I am getting my appetite back. I turned into an anorexic when I was drinking, I wouldn't eat... double wammie.

I quit drinking quite awhile ago for 7 years and then decided that oh, one drink would be fine and it was for awhile and then it lead to 2 and 3 would be fine and that starting to increase etc. And, here I am again, deciding to quit all together -- I have concluded that there is no in-between. This time it did get out of control. It was easy for me to drink because I have a home based business and have money to purchased, so I could drink all day long, etc. Not a good thing.

The withdrawals were horrible... I was running a fever, the aches were extremely painful... a lot of epson salt baths helped.

I am now enjoying getting up early and looking outside knowing that today will be a sober day and that my husband and 3 kids will be happier, as will I be. They are so proud of me. The strange thing is... I just woke up one morning and said this is it, I am not going to drink anymore.... and there was/is a lot of alcohol in the house and I have never craved it since quiting. I just knew I needed to get through the withdrawals to feel how great it feels to be sober and clear headed. Great feeling.

I have loved reading all your posts... you are an inspiration and look forward to "meeting" with you all... as many have said we are all in this together.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Thanks for being here! This site is a great resource; I hope you'll use it as you begin this journey. I hate that little voice that says, "One won't hurt. Well, maybe you can have 2." That voice leads to me having 20 and waking up with a pounding headache and remorse. Or in jail, which really sucks.

Keep that memory of the withdrawals. There have been a couple nights where I'm pretty sure that memory kept me from picking up a drink. I knew how horrible it was to go through that, and I just couldn't make myself get drunk and go through that again.

I'm glad you're feeling better. And trust me, that feeling only continues and gets greater as time goes on. Hope you stick around here for a while. There are a lot of really great people here who have tons of experience and knowledge they can share with you. If you're going through it right now, chances are someone here already has, or at least something similar. Thanks for joining us, and I hope you have a great Day 7!
Old 08-24-2010, 06:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Smile

Your name says it all!!!!

It has been worth it for me and so many others.
I found SR in 2003 and without the people here........I don't know where I'd be.

I am so glad YOU are here too. Come on in and prepare to be amazed and blessed with the fine folks at SR.

******{Warmest Welcoming hugs}}}}}}
Old 08-24-2010, 06:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! 7 Days is great, you're doing an amazing job!! I'm on day 6 and this is the longest I've gone without alcohol in 13 years. You have come to the right place for help and support because we're all in the same boat!

Congrats on 7 days!!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Great job on getting a week sober! I had several years of sobriety at one point, too, and decided I could go back to drinking and control it (after all, my life had gotten better!!). I just knew I wouldn't let it get bad again but it didn't take too long for the obsession to kick in. It feels so good not to have it be the focus of my life anymore.

Keep posting and reading - the support here has made all the difference for many of us.