Notices

Day 5

Old 08-23-2010, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

Day 5 came and went. At about 5:30 pm, for just a moment, I thought about hitting the ABC store. Instead I worked for another hour and then exercised. I'm just waiting for the day when I don't think about alcohol at all!
Old 08-23-2010, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 5 days and for staying strong. "Funny" how those thoughts pop into our heads! It is a mighty big difference to have worked out and contributed to your health in place of being in the midst of a very unhealthy drunk. In my case, I started walking when I play golf now instead of riding in a cart and drinking 10-12 beers. I think my body thanks me although those hills wears me out!
Congrats again. Wishing you continued success.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Nice job Chip. For most people the urges get better fairly quickly. Check out the Fitness Thread under the Special Interest Groups...it may motivate you to work out more. It did for me. Exercise helps a lot of people stay sober.

Nice job for you too Happier.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Chip

D
Old 08-23-2010, 08:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day Five Chip! The cravings will go away and when you think of the liquor store, think of "hang over". After five days of sobriety, I'm sure you're body is feeling so much better and you surely don't want to go back to the gut rot feeling. At least I don't!

You guys are right about the exercise. I ride at least eight miles a day on my bike and that not only keeps me in shape but I really have not have had any cravings since day one.

Keep up the great work y'all, stay active and of course stay sober!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Chip...when I fiesta quit I was very aware of where my liquor stores were and when they closed...now, At day 42 I don't even think about it. It does get better!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Definitely it does Chip. Congratulations on your 5 days!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Looks like we both had the same thoughts at the same time Instead of eating a healthy dinner, that I made for my fam, I had a bowl of vanilla ice cream with strawberry syrup LOL

Congrats on making it through 5, along with me!!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

good call Chip on changing up the routine. 5 days IS a big deal, you are over the 50% of one week mark....feeling better and stronger.

my personal belief is that good sweat from exercise replaced with good clean fluids helps your body recover more quickly from all the toxins...no scientific knowledge, just out with the bad and in with the good.