Notices

Doctor visit

Old 08-31-2010, 09:06 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Vertigo - I too am afraid to go to Dr. I am waiting until I'm a month out from drinking (plus I also lie about the extent of the drinking - I say stuff like, "gee, I need to cut back a bit." I had bloodwork over the winter to check liver function and no damage but my vit D was way low and thyroid low normal but I was concerned. Then we had blizzard and follow-up apt. canceled so I took the normal bloodwork and figured since I had not distroyed my liver that I could continue to drink (as someone else said). I know it is a very strange logic which is not logical and it is anything but smart - and I knew it then and even more now. But avoiding the Doc is just plain stupid and that is what I am being - it won't make the problem go away (just keep me in the dark about any problem)and only leave one vulnerable for something to get worse. So reading your story about this brings up what I know I must do - make an apt. and just brave it. But I think I'll still wait a few weeks!!!!!!!!!! Still scared but one step closer - progress won't occur until I make apt.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congrats on the test results Vertigo!!!