Notices

Day 2

Old 08-30-2010, 10:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 9 AAA! Very cool! Keep hanging around, it's a great place to be.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

WTG!!!!

Nine days is a good start, and I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

good stuff!

D
Old 08-30-2010, 11:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

good stuff!

D
Old 08-31-2010, 05:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This is wonderful news Awake and Alive... congrats!

As for being tired... now I am going to sound like a Mom here. Have you
been taking vitamins? And, have you been drinking lots of water, I am an advocate of drinking a lot of water, it adds energy, because it hydrates your body and provides minerals and helps your body with detox. You know you are hydrated if your urine is clear. Just my two cents.

Continue on your positive journey and your energy levels will return and you will feel great.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well, I'm back to day 5. I slipped and had four beers and some nose candy last weekend. Yep, I broke my promise to myself. I'm wondering if I should try a different approach - go 14 days dry then drink? It's probably been tried before, undoubtedly.

I'm grateful for any input.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Awake......if I just read your last post......are you really awake? I mean that literally.

I could not moderate/cut back and will NEVER be able to drink socially. I crossed a line a long time ago.....where I had gone from a social drinker (sometimes months without a drink) to using alcohol as a crutch to escape, to forget, to sulk and to reward. Before I knew it I was an everyday drinker and man I hid it well. I kept up my job and everything else but I was alcoholic.

I don't even know why you would want to drink with 14 days sober? Do want to get sober and begin recovery or are you looking to moderate?

For me it is one other other.....I tried the moderating approach.....I relapsed.

I haven't had a drop of alcohol since I quit and got help back in April. I have accomplished so much in early sobriety and I am a better person.

Wish you well but you if the negatives associated with your drinking cause you enough concern to seek help.....then why would you want to have it in your life?

You can do this and I think additional support to begin recovery would be beneficial.

Keep sharing my friend. We are here for you.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by AwakeAndAlive View Post
Well, I'm back to day 5. I slipped and had four beers and some nose candy last weekend. Yep, I broke my promise to myself. I'm wondering if I should try a different approach - go 14 days dry then drink? It's probably been tried before, undoubtedly.

I'm grateful for any input.
Well that would be a different approach, Awake, but I dunno whether it would be very successful - I know...I tried it

The thing I can see now that I couldn't back then is that any drink or drug kept me in the loop...I'm addicted - so any use will feed my addiction.

It would only be a progressive move if you could keep making the days between the drinking or using longer and longer...and it's near impossible to do that in active addiction....in fact for me it was totally impossible.

If you really want to change your life and move away from the things you talked about at the start of this thread, IMO you only have one way to go - and that way is abstinence.

It's hard, but you're not alone - you'll find a lot of support here, and in the real world too.

D
Old 09-11-2010, 07:05 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
A work in progress

A & A,

I tried to "schedule" my drinking for four and a half years--it NEVER worked. Once you are addicted, ANY intake of alcohol or drugs reinforces the addiction and starts the craving. The cycle doesn't end until it ends.

For myself, I had to be simply DONE with drinking. I'd had it with the whole "I'm gonna beat this thing." I couldn't beat it--it beat me, every time. EVERY SINGLE TIME. More practice wasn't the answer. Giving up a losing battle and saying "good riddance" to the booze, was.