Notices

new to this

Old 08-22-2010, 01:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new to this

hey i just started using this site and its kinda confusing me lol but i am a 24yr old male living in NY and currently living in a halfway house and getting my **** together and am sober for a little over 9 months and am looking maybe to get some meetings on here and just meet some new people. I am at my parents house at the moment i come here on the weekends from the halfway house. and i am just having a hard time here with family issues like parents fighting and possible splitting up and it is a really bad time for me but just looking for ppl to talk to and support so if anyone could help me out with a meeting schedule it would be great
Old 08-22-2010, 01:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi punisher

You can post a thread or respond to a thread anytime you like. You can also use the chat room anytime you like - there's more than one room.

The actual meeting schedules are here:
Chat Meetings and Chat Discussions - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR

D
Old 08-22-2010, 01:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ok thanks
Old 08-22-2010, 02:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.

Glad you could join us. Nine months is fantastic.

Parents fighting and maybe splitting up, yea, I remember that, but it was over three decades ago, lol.

Hang in there!!
Old 08-22-2010, 04:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Punisher,

Wow grtz on your 9+ months sober. Sry about your parents fighting and talk of splitting up, sounds like a stress situation you dont need right now.

You will always have friends on here to talk/chat or even rant to

I just recently started using the chat rooms, I found them a great way to interact with some new friends and pass the time with some light hearted banter, share jokes etc.

As Dee said there is different rooms so you can discuss more serious things, or privately if you wish.

Suzie x
Old 08-22-2010, 04:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!!! Lots of info and plenty of support.

Keep it going and glad you are sharing with us. We are here
Old 08-22-2010, 04:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Punisher, welcome to SR, theres heaps of nice supportive people to talk to 24/7, it took me a while to find my way around the forums conveniently but after a while im sure youll get used to it

See ya around
Old 08-22-2010, 04:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

welcome to sr!
9 months is awesome.
lots of folk around here for support and lots of good stuff to read...i spend alot of time on sr.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Then the bird said 'Nevermore'

You have come to a great place for the type of support you are looking for! I admire you for your sobriety and all of the work you have done and continue to do. Personally my addict is my ex boyfriend who is also my best friend, he is currently in a halfway house and is 6 months sober. I came here for support too, and it has been the best thing I have ever done.

There is a lot of great stuff on here, so post and read as much as you can!
I know its been quite the trip - keep it up

xoxo
Old 08-22-2010, 04:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome! 9 months is awesome!! I'm on day 4 :P You can always post here and talk to others about whatever you want. This site is great!
Old 08-22-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hey,

Just wanted to give you a big high-five on the nine months! Sorry about the family problems, but by being sober you will be in the best possible shape to deal with whatever comes.

Glad to have you here.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thanks everyone for making me feel welcome. I'm really glad i joined and it seems like there are genuinely good people on here. but my weekend pass is almost over from the halfway house. I leave Friday mornings and i have to be back on Sunday before 9pm. so that kinda sucks but i gotta do what i gotta do, it will be over soon. So after tonight i might not be able to get back on till next weekend but i will try my best. but thanks again for your suppport ttyl
Old 08-22-2010, 10:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Have a good week--we'll look forward to your next posts!

It's good that you have the halfway house as sort of a haven from the stuff going on at home. At least it isn't in your face 24/7.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am almost 40 years old and divorced myself but when my own parents divorced it was harder on me than my own. No matter how old we get - we are still thier children. The distinction that you must make is that it is THIER divorce and has nothing to do with you and you cannot fix it. I still struggle with them both sometimes and it's been a couple years. Glad to see that you're doing what you need to do to stay sober. Welcome!