Notices

Ready to start again

Old 08-21-2010, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ready to start again

I am back from a cruise I did not want to go on. When I lost my dog in April, my mother decided I needed to go on this cruise to "help" her. More on that coming up, she is a major trigger for me.
My brother and his family and inlaws were also there for a total of 11 people. That was overwhelming to me as was 7 days gone from the house in a tiny stateroom with my mother.
I had fun with the kids though and when I was finally able to shake all these people, I went to the shows I wanted to go to on my own and of course drank to alleviate the aggravation and sleep. Did not work to well.
These last five months have been hell, with the job losses and the situation surrounding that (nothing to do with drinking), but it got really ugly with the type of people me and my collegues were dealing with. They have fought my unemployment for months, so far I have won, but it was done out of spite. I filed the bankruptcy and completed that and I now plan to live in my house until they throw me out since the alternative is to move in with mom and right now I am not getting along well with her at all. All in all I have managed to stay sober for about half of these 5 months, but with starts and stops and relapses. After so many things going wrong, I got into the midset that there was always another shoe waiting to drop.
All in all the financial stuff will work out eventually, but losing my dog was the biggest blow!
Yesterday I got a new furbaby and I want him to have a sober mom from day one. It is time to get back to rebuilding my life.
Day 1 again.

Melissa
Old 08-21-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Good to hear, Mel!! You and your new baby can begin again with a new life. It sounds like you could use one - I feel so bad for you that things haven't worked out up to this point. But staying sober will make a huge difference in getting back on track and you'll be so proud of yourself for it!

Be strong - you can do it!!
Old 08-21-2010, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Melissa,

I'm sorry that you have been going through such a tough time. I know that your new furbaby will bring joy to your life.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Melissa

I hope the new furbaby and coming back here can be a turning point for you too - stay close to the boards - keep reaching out!

D
Old 08-22-2010, 03:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone! Up early, but actually slept well for day one. The puppy slept well too, but is quickly getting used to me and his new home so he is playing this morning. So nice to be tired, but not hungover.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

WB Mel,

Sry to here about your dog hun, but grtz that you have found a little furbaby to spoil and keep you company.

I also love the fact that the mornings no longer bring a hangover and we can get up and look forward to the new day.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on your new baby and life, Mel. Isn't it great to wake up and not be hungover? Best wishes.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on starting over again with your new puppy! You have a new life together to look forward to and take it one day at a time, if that's what you need to do.

Welcome!!
Old 08-22-2010, 04:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you are back and all the best on your little furbaby and a new beginning. SR is here for you so please reach out whenever you feel. It is never too late and I have found that sharing here and getting feedback helps me greatly when dealing with potential triggers or rough spots in the road.

Stay strong.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yeah, day 2 and doing well. Spent some time taking the puppy shopping with a friend. Getting ready to cook dinner for both of us. Thanks for all the well wishes.

Melissa
Old 08-22-2010, 02:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back to SR Mel....