Notices

Newcomer to Spirituality

Old 08-20-2010, 08:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Good question........ I had a hard time getting over some of the traditional beliefs of my upbringing (judgement, fear of God, etc.). I finally just told God "if you're out there, show me the way." Things began to come to me in ideas, thoughts, books........ I didn't do well with meditation, but I found that just opening my mind to "receive" something other than worry about the world and my troubles did the trick. I do better being meditative while walking than I do sitting in one place.

I think just the willingness and desire to discover is the most important thing when it comes to spirituality.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Awakening...

We're all spiritual beings, whether we believe in "God" or not. There's always a sense of yearning in people, I believe. A sense of why was I put on this earth, what is my purpose in life, how am I to serve my brother?
People on the spiritual path aren't so much interested in finding all the right answers, but asking the right questions.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

I think spirituality is a very different thing for each one of us, by meditating and becoming still, trying to find our centre, blocking out all external thoughts and things, becoming calm and as one of the posters said, when you hear the rustling of the wind, that is HP breezing past you, HIS beauty in creation, a sunrise each morning and a brand new day to try again. Be Blessed.