Notices

Glass half empty

Old 08-18-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Glass half empty

Woke up this morning with the half empty glass , feeling negative after being told via email I had a bad attitude ( im not perfect or I would not be here ) and this fron someone I admired , but anyway I took down my art getting ready for the boot , But I gotta agree with Dee this is the freindliest site I been on so far , Im still anticipating that verbal bashing out of left feild that usually bestows upon new people , but hoping that wont happen. Im feeling better now after a good heart to heart with my counseler at my outpatient program earlier and 2 more days of this I return to work Monday. My wife is still mad because I am on the forum but thats her problem , Im not looking for any hookups , but I can be flirtatious but harmless its just my nature. Think I will do an AA meeting tonight at the hospital rather than the club for a change of pace. Im gonna draw a pic today and post it later just for the heck of it, have a great day all.....Swag
Old 08-18-2010, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Good for you, Swag.

I like these forums for the in-between-meeting support. I think when you're new, you need all you can get.

Look forward to seeing some more of your artwork.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What did you really think of the AA cartoons ? Was I right on the mark with those or what. Im going to redo them taking my time and more refined. I had only like 5 to 10 minutes to slap those together while the class speaker was not watching. I have no more ideas , I welcome any if you can think of something but not offensive.....swag
Old 08-18-2010, 12:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You woke up without a hangover. I would say your glass is more than 1/2 full rather than 1/2 empty.

Don't try to be perfect, no one is. Be who you are and let whatever anyone says about you just fall into empty air.

No has the right to make judgments towards anyone other then themselves.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I thought they were good. Crack open the Big Book and do some reading.

Humor in recovery is a good thing, as long as you remember it's also a serious thing. Recovery is often funny--drinking yourself to death isn't.

Here's an idea I'll bet you can run with: Step Six says, "Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character." I once read in the Grapevine (AA magazine) about how someone misread this as "Were entirely ready to have God remove all these 'defective characters'." That would make a good cartoon.

Do yourself a favor, and find somebody in the rooms with good sobriety and a sense of humor, and ask him to be your sponsor.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Half empty was loosely worded implying that I was depressed , I will try and choose my words more carefully next time. Thanks for the insight.......swag
Old 08-18-2010, 12:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I thought they were good. Crack open the Big Book and do some reading.

Humor in recovery is a good thing, as long as you remember it's also a serious thing. Recovery is often funny--drinking yourself to death isn't.

Here's an idea I'll bet you can run with: Step Six says, "Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character." I once read in the Grapevine (AA magazine) about how someone misread this as "Were entirely ready to have God remove all these 'defective characters'." That would make a good cartoon.

Do yourself a favor, and find somebody in the rooms with good sobriety and a sense of humor, and ask him to be your sponsor.
LOL.......Swag...keep em coming.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you decided to come back swag.
There really is a lot of support here.

D
Old 08-18-2010, 03:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Behind the Red Door

Originally Posted by swag2 View Post
Woke up this morning with the half empty glass , feeling negative after being told via email I had a bad attitude ( im not perfect or I would not be here ) and this fron someone I admired , but anyway I took down my art getting ready for the boot , But I gotta agree with Dee this is the freindliest site I been on so far , Im still anticipating that verbal bashing out of left feild that usually bestows upon new people , but hoping that wont happen. Im feeling better now after a good heart to heart with my counseler at my outpatient program earlier and 2 more days of this I return to work Monday. My wife is still mad because I am on the forum but thats her problem , Im not looking for any hookups , but I can be flirtatious but harmless its just my nature. Think I will do an AA meeting tonight at the hospital rather than the club for a change of pace. Im gonna draw a pic today and post it later just for the heck of it, have a great day all.....Swag
I've found that people who tell me I have a bad attitude just don't like to hear the truth.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

Perhaps the glass is just the wrong size?
Old 08-18-2010, 07:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by recycle View Post
Perhaps the glass is just the wrong size?
Was a really big glass , lol actually I did knock my glass of water off the nightstand at some point and woke up thirsty but settled for cofee...not a morning person after years of evening shift.