Notices

day 3 for me!

Old 08-22-2010, 11:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good for you! Only be places that will do you good. I honestly don't think a friend who won't take no for an answer is a true friend. (unless they thought you were kidding - but if you were dead serious, they should have let it go)

I'm looking forward to meeting others who don't drink as well. I would love to go out to dinner and not watch a bunch of people getting drunk and not even eating.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've also got another prob. my bf of 8yrs. also drinks. He's going through the I can handle my drinking, I only have a few and can quit.And says he don't get as drunk as I do. As I type this he is out getting drunk with a buddy. I don't know how to handle it.I can't tell you how drunk he gets cause by then I'm blacked out or passed out. I do know he has a problem with it. I know I need to worry about me and work on me but it's hard to not worry about him and not be mad at the same time. Although he's not the one who's quitin here it's me.But is this the support I'm needing? Ya he's not drinking at home I should probably be happy about that.Instead he's driving after drinking......Hummm No none of it makes me feel any better, I'm lost here.................damn if I do and damn if I don't.But I'm staying on the wagon.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's tough but lots of people here have to deal with spouses or partners who drink stayinsober - use the support you'll find here

Remember that you have to put yourself first here - it's not being selfish - it's simply recognising the fact that sobriety needs to be an absolutely central priority...if you lose your sobriety you may find you lose a lot of other things as well.

My advice is to focus on your journey for now
D
Old 08-23-2010, 08:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee, I know u r right I have to take care of me. I also know that he will follow me. He knows he's an alkie as well and sooner or later he's going to realize the excuses he is given to me about his drinking. I can see it in his eyes as he saying why he drank.Where as before it wasn't there. He also likes life with out all the drinking cause it causes way too much stress for us and our family and waking up with outa hang over.Today marks 1week since I drank I feel great and looking good as well. I'm going to keep on working on the 12 steps and pray for him.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You might want to check out Al-Anon and/or the "family and friends" forum here. Those can teach you a bit about how to "detach" from his issues while you concentrate on your own recovery.

I'm not active in Al-Anon anymore (was married to a couple of alcoholics years ago), but it sure helped me cope a lot better.

We call ourselves "double winners."
Old 08-24-2010, 06:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank u LexieCat I'll do that!!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Today is day 10 for me I started AA meetings last week.Thought 1 a week been reading on here and the AA book. But tonite due to car probs. I missed my weekly meeting, I truly hate that too. Made me mad I've been grumpy every since, so I will now find another to go to I'm thinking it sure won't hurt any to go to others. I know the people in the one I missed tonite as they go to my church.I'm very shy and just feel more comfortable around people I know. I hadn't realized how much I was relying on AA til I couldnt' go.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I highly recommend going to lots of different meetings. You will probably run into at least a few of the people you already know at some of the other ones. What's great is that even if you are traveling in another state or another country you can go into any AA meeting and immediately feel you are among friends.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well I ended up relapsing, it sucks, I'm taking it hard. But something good came out of it. My spouse is into AA now with me he finally understands me and where I am coming from he now knows he was in denial. We went through some very difficult days in the past 2 weeks now the two of us are working together to fix our selves,our relationship and be a real family. It's hard to stay sober but we are doing as many AA's as we can possibly do, we have church our friends at both places. God has been helping us through, and sent us many people to help us. I have to stay focused. And yes we have told friends n family. I pray for everyone going through this. I never asked to be an alcholic but it is what it is. I just take it day by day ,minute by minute. Saturdays are my worst our AA/church friends are showing me where an AA meeting is on Saturday mornings to help me through that day/hour. I have a sponser and more support this time. I will make it!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:21 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back stayinsober - I hope this can be your turning point

D
Old 10-15-2010, 04:52 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Alcohol is insidious. Welcome back.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:07 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Sounds like you are off to a better start this time. I used to go to two meetings on Sundays when I first got sober.

Keep comin' back!
Old 10-16-2010, 01:47 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Glad you are back SS and have a positive plan in place. Take it easy and know you have our support.

You can do this.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:20 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone I have found new friends and this is looking like a great beginning of a new life.We got invited to go to a morning AA served us all breakfast and had a wonderful meeting. Life is going to be good. I just wish I could get passed the 3rd step. I know it will help when I release all this guilt, anxiety, remorse and all the negative feelings I'm holding in. My love of my life my best friend in the world is beside me now, it will work out, I am trying to take it step by step although I keep catching myself trying to rush it along. It's the toughest thing I've ever had to do and to be honest I am scared I will fail again as I've failed so many times in the past. I don't want to let myself or others down anymore.I pray it works this time.Thanks for everyones support. It's hard for me to talk to people in meetings just yet but believe in order for it to work i will have to open up and be honest.