Notices

day 11

Old 08-17-2010, 11:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
xuse

day 11

it is day 11 since it is after midnight had a long talk with the wifeshe said that she was proud of me and picked my brain a little she said that she was aware of me drinking alot but never thought that i had a problem well i tried to explain that on fridays it would i guess you would say call my name and any other time i wasnt working sometimes when i did work but told her my mouth would water on fridays i couldnt get off soon enough i would drink till i passed out or everything in the house was gone there is simply no off button don mean to ramble but she said that we were gonna stay busy on the weekends i guess all the movies she seen on lifetime or whatever was what she visoned as an alkie i just couldnt get away with everyday or i no i would have you cant drive a gas truck and drink i never really drank and drove exept a dozen times in my early 20s but every weekend all weekend i never had enough countless times i said nomore til i felt better and by friday it was on it was repeating cycle over and over again for well over 12 years my father which died when iwas only 2 months old in a dui accident he was drunk and an alcoholic also both grandfathers they would leave for days at a time no one would no where they were my stepfather who is the only father i ever known never drank and i swore i would never do that to my family on the other hand the first time i took a drank i loved it i came home took care of my responsibilities coached my children in sports but would always drink as often as i could i always used these things as an excuse that i deserved it somehow but i always always new i had a problem back to my wife when i would drink alone in my gameroom watching sports ect she always thought i just didnt want to be around her that all guys drink thats what they do her dad was an everyday drinker but i just didnt want her to see i told her i wasnt gonna drink period i would just end up back where i have been so many times there is no cutting back for me one drink and blame it would be on weather six days from now or six years from now dont get me wrong she is so supportive she doesnt drink at all so i dont expect her to understand what im going through but she does say i seem happier these last couple of days plus im not one to just throw what im feeling or thinking out in the open except to you all lol i guess thats why she didnt see i really had a problem but thinking back now she does sorry to ramble on so much
Old 08-17-2010, 11:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
xuse

sorry i was just rambling no just sr but thanks
Old 08-18-2010, 12:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hiya Xuse,

You sound as the you have a lovely wife, one that you can discuss things with, without drama, she might not understand how you got you problem, or realise that you had one, but she seems more than able to support you through this now she does know.

Grtz of you 11 days hun

Suzie x
Old 08-18-2010, 12:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you are doing well. Sharing with our partner is good and having their support makes our recovery so much better.

All the best!